In many places around the world, the cold is officially here, and it isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. But with the colder temperatures comes great seasonal releases from breweries all over.
Even though the air can be a little more frigid, it does mean delicious dark beers start to reemerge. Dark beer pairs fantastically well, especially during the colder months of the year and Founders Brewing Co. has one you won’t want to miss.
The brew I’m speaking of is the 2019 Canadian Breakfast Stout (CBS), and it is an impactful, delightful dark beer worth savoring and enjoying. This thick ale is back one again for one more round of the winter season, and like other ones before it, the CBS will only be available for a limited time.
This year’s Canadian Breakfast Stout proves to be a delicious imperial coffee chocolate stout, aged in maple bourbon barrels. As you taste the beer, you will detect notes of chocolate and especially for me, the bourbon. Whiskey drinkers everywhere will note it is a wonderful aspect of this beer.
While the brew I had was in a 12oz bottle, it is one that you’ll want to take your time with. Each sip is a journey through flavor, a full-bodied experience that will satisfy your tastes, even after just one. It is a filling beer, so I suggest enjoying prior to or after dinner. It’s all you’ll need to feel happy with what you’ve experienced.
The 2019 Canadian Breakfast Stout made its debut at the beginning of November this year, marking the third occasion Founders has released it.
It is especially important to note, however, Founders has no future plans to brew the beer again. This is also the first, and seemingly only, time the 12oz bottles have been available in the US. Thus, if you want to experience the astoundingly great taste of CBS, you’ll have to pick some up sooner rather than later.
Part of Founders Barrel-Aged Series, the 2019 Canadian Breakfast Stout is an ale all dark beer lovers must pick up. Who knows when you’ll have the next chance to do so?
- Rossville Master Crafted Serves Up A Tasty Sour - June 5, 2020
- Remus Repeal Reserve Serves Up the Simplest of Recipes - May 7, 2020
- George Remus Delivers a Taste of Prohibition - April 29, 2020
- Get into The Holiday Spirit with Monarch Bar and J. Rieger - December 16, 2019
- Rossville and Remus Deck the High Balls This Holiday Season - December 11, 2019
- Founders Brewing Co. Awakens the Canadian Breakfast Stout - December 5, 2019
- Remus Repeal Reserve Series III Is Yet Another Spectacular Release - September 25, 2019
- George Remus Delivers Essential Gifts for This Father’s Day - May 15, 2019
- George Does It Again With Remus Repeal Reserve Series II - December 13, 2018
- Straight from Fort Collins: Old Elk Distillery Reserves the Best - October 14, 2018