MGP does a fabulous job of releasing diverse, wide-ranging whiskeys over the course of each year. They provide affordable yet high-quality options for those looking for more routine whiskeys to sip.
At the same time, they have been producing an up-and-coming yearly bourbon that is a bit more limited and a lot of great quality. It’s that time of year again where Remus Repeal Reserve is back with its third installment in the series.
Announced for a November 13, 2019 release across Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin, Remus Repeal Reserve Series III makes an exciting arrival as part of the already excellent yearly collection.
Responsible for crafting the third entry in the series, MGP’s 170-year-old distillery in Lawrenceburg, Indiana brings its unique style with this balanced yet spicy bourbon whiskey. It is a showcase of 12%, 2007 bourbon (21% Rye), 78%, 2008 bourbon (21% Rye), and 10%, 2008 bourbon (36% Rye).
This blend forms a magnificent, complex palate that all bourbon fans will thoroughly enjoy. Hints of caramel and smoke were the strongest notes I found in the spirit’s aromas, while its palate delivered an even stronger performance.
A taste of the bourbon and I experienced a friendly spice, followed by an incredibly smooth finish. Overall, the bourbon is extremely well-balanced and provides phenomenal taste for those who appreciate a well-crafted whiskey.
With the winter time rolling in sooner than you think, whiskey is becoming an all the more perfect spirit of choice. Those who particularly enjoy a finely crafted bourbon will not want to miss out on Remus Repeal Reserve Series III. It’s tough to say if it’s my favorite as I’ve loved all three of the installments thus far in the collection.
Folks who are looking to get fellow whiskey lovers a gift for the holidays should look no further than the Remus Repeal Reserve Series III (retails for $84.99). That said, if you want something a little more rare, I recommend the Remus Volstead Reserve Straight Bourbon Whiskey (retails for $199.99).
Keep your eye on MGP as they continue to churn out interesting, yet delicious spirits of all kinds. For more outstanding whiskey and spirit recommendations, keep your eyes peeled on We Drinks Things, here at We Write Things.
- Refresh From The Heat With Rio Jade From Lone Star Beer - June 22, 2020
- Rossville Master Crafted Serves Up A Tasty Sour - June 5, 2020
- Remus Repeal Reserve Serves Up the Simplest of Recipes - May 7, 2020
- George Remus Delivers a Taste of Prohibition - April 29, 2020
- Get into The Holiday Spirit with Monarch Bar and J. Rieger - December 16, 2019
- Rossville and Remus Deck the High Balls This Holiday Season - December 11, 2019
- Founders Brewing Co. Awakens the Canadian Breakfast Stout - December 5, 2019
- Remus Repeal Reserve Series III Is Yet Another Spectacular Release - September 25, 2019
- George Remus Delivers Essential Gifts for This Father’s Day - May 15, 2019
- George Does It Again With Remus Repeal Reserve Series II - December 13, 2018