Chile is a region where great wine can be found at many wineries. This part of the world is a hotspot for wine types like Malbecs, Cabernet Sauvignons and of course, Carménères. TerraMater is a vineyard that delivers a breadth of exceptional wine. Variety and quality can be found no matter if you’re looking at the vineyard’s Mater, Unusual or Altum collections.
Today though, we’ll be profiling the outstanding TerraMater Carménère. This particular bottle is part of the vineyard’s Limited Reserve collection, and it rightfully deserves to be there. The blend of complexity and balance help create an outstanding Carménère that wine lovers will enjoy.
The Carménère possesses a dark red body when viewing it prior to sampling. Its nose possesses strong notes of blackberry fruit as well as a some red fruits. Other hints you might experience are subtle spice as well as tobacco characteristics. The nose presents a powerful preview for the palate you’ll ultimately find.
When I sampled the Carménère, the blackberry fruit immediately stuck out to me. While the palate eventually changes, the dark fruit notes come across quite prolifically. After the initial presentation, spicy tones rush forward and dominated the majority of the palate. This is something I wasn’t expecting, but truly enjoy.
The spice stands tall among the notes you’ll encounter with the Carménère. While this note hangs around toward the middle part of the palate, Carménère finishes with wonderful balance. A smoothness overtakes the entire palate, leaving you with a fond impression on the wine overall.
It is surprising how complex, yet balanced the Carménère is. Given the fruit and spice notes present in the palate, I am floored at how smooth everything ultimately comes together. The Carménère grows on you and turns into a wine you’ll want to come back to again and again. Its an excellent example of the type of quality you’ll find in TerraMater’s Limited Reserve.
Some other wines I was able to sample from TerraMater is the vineyard’s Rosé. The wine is part of the Paso del Sol collection and is bar none one of the most surprising Rosés I’ve ever had. Whenever I think of Rosé wine, I typically think of over-sweet, light red wines.
Well, I’m happy to say that TerraMater’s Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé is the anti-Rosé, Rosé. This wine defies assumption and comes across as a shockingly refreshing experience. It is surprisingly crisp and the strawberry notes you’ll detect don’t overwhelm. TerraMater has an absolute star in the form of its Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé.
TerraMater is a vineyard that brings plenty of variety and quality for wine drinkers of all types. If you are someone who enjoys throwing down a few extra dollars for a rarer bottle, TerraMater has wines like the Carménère waiting for you. For those looking for quality while still being sensitive to their wallets, stellar wines like the Cabernet Sauvignon Rosé are there too. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on TerraMater.
- Agents of Mayhem’s Global Conflict Mode Reveals Hidden Lairs, Best Gadgets - July 26, 2017
- Sega Genesis is Returning This September With 85 Classic Games - July 26, 2017
- Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice Captures Photo Mode This August - July 26, 2017
- Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition Coming to Switch This September - July 26, 2017
- Aven Colony is a Fun Yet Repetitive Experience - July 25, 2017
- Justin Bieber Inspired Agents of Mayhem’s Villain Gaunt - July 25, 2017
- Nintendo Switch Will Receive Overcooked: Special Edition - July 24, 2017
- Linkin Park Releases Heartfelt Letter to the Late Chester Bennington - July 24, 2017
- Microsoft Reveals $279 Xbox One S Madden 18 Bundle - July 24, 2017
- LawBreakers Exclusive: Not Just Another Shooter, but a Fast, Frantic Symphony - July 24, 2017