This generation has been an unprecedented one, with the PS4 and Xbox One scorching past console sales trends. Each system has garnered an incredibly large audience, and they continue to grow. Whether you are playing on one or the other, it’s a great time to own a console.
Toss in the fact that PS4 Pro and Xbox One X have stirred up the console cycle, and you have a generation unlike anything we’ve seen before. Last year saw the release of PS4 Pro and this year will see the debut of the Xbox One X. Both systems are mid-generation upgrades and both deliver never-before-seen power.
Developers are constantly learning new lessons when it comes to consoles. Deciding how to leverage the power within each is an evolving practice. Sledgehammer Games is a studio known for delivering beautiful experiences and the new consoles excite their imaginations. Sledgehammer Games spoke to We Write Things about the capabilities within the new hardware.
“The new generation of consoles is truly incredible. Each year, our technology and techniques are evolving, just as the new hardware evolves. This opens the door for more innovation, and more immersive experiences. From our new physics system, new AI system, new lighting and rendering techniques, and new audio features, we’re able to do so much more than we’ve ever been able to before,” Sledgehammer Games wrote.
Experiences will only become better and better as the years press on. What is held as the visual bar to reach will continue to change with every game that pushes it higher. Sledgehammer Games is creating an experience that could push the visual bar beyond its current level, and we’ll find out on Nov. 3.
Call of Duty: WWII is the game from Sledgehammer and it’ll arrive in less than a month. The title will be available on PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Xbox One X and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Call of Duty.
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017