We don’t cover much music often here on We Write Things, however, I sometimes make exceptions for bands and artists I really enjoy. For me, Linkin Park (LP) is one of those bands. As I’m sure you have heard by now, Chester Bennington tragically took his own life late last week.
An outpouring of love and tributes to Chester have surfaced over the past few days and today was the band’s turn to publicly show their love. In a message from the remaining members of Linkin Park, they shared a heartfelt message to Chester himself. I’ll gladly step aside and allow you to read what LP had to say:
Our hearts are broken. The shockwaves of grief and denial are still sweeping through our family as we come to grips with what has happened.
You touched so many lives, maybe even more than you realized. In the past few days, we’ve seen an outpouring of love and support, both public and private, from around the world. Talinda and the family appreciate it, and want the world to know that you were the best husband, son, and father; the family will never be whole without you.
Talking with you about the years ahead together, your excitement was infectious. Your absence leaves a void that can never be filled—a boisterous, funny, ambitious, creative, kind, generous voice in the room is missing. We’re trying to remind ourselves that the demons who took you away from us were always part of the deal. After all, it was the way you sang about those demons that made everyone fall in love with you in the first place. You fearlessly put them on display, and in doing so, brought us together and taught us to be more human. You had the biggest heart, and managed to wear it on your sleeve.
Our love for making and performing music is inextinguishable. While we don’t know what path our future may take, we know that each of our lives was made better by you. Thank you for that gift. We love you, and miss you so much.
Until we see you again,
It is crazy to still think that Chester is gone. He is one of the most amazing performing I’ve ever seen, and I feel lucky to have witnessed so many of his shows live and in-person. Linkin Park will always remain one of my favorites and I hope they find a way to continue making music.
Maybe Mike can work on a new album for Fort Minor? Maybe the band will find a way to continue touring and performing live? I hope they can because like so many of you out there, I’m not ready to say goodbye to Linkin Park forever, and hopefully the remaining band members feel the same way too. Time will tell.
It goes without saying that Linkin Park will never be the same again. Chester will always have a special place in my heart for the words he sang and how he sang them. Chester, we miss you, and thank you for all you gave us.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017