PlayStation 4 Pro has been available for nearly a month now. The system is delivering a new level of performance console gaming has never seen before. Sony seems pleased with how it has performed thus far, and developers are too.
The newfound power enables developers of franchises to take new iterations to levels never before seen in previous iterations. A great example of this seems to be Sniper Elite. Rebellion’s last installment in Sniper Elite made its debut in 2014 and with about three years in between launches, Sniper Elite 4 is poised to shine.
Sniper Elite 4 will make its debut during the early part of next year. Rebellion is indeed curious about the capabilities of PS4 Pro. However, answers to how to use the extra power of PS4 Pro aren’t always clear immediately. Paul Wright, who is a Lead Designer at Rebellion Developments, told We Write Things about his thoughts on PS4 Pro.
“We’re still investigating exactly what we’re going to be doing with the extra grunt, but the current consoles and PC are our priority. We’ve been developing on this hardware for several years or more, so players will notice a huge leap from Sniper Elite 3, whatever they play on,” Wright said.
Three years in between launches will deliver changes gamers have yet to see. The new features of Sniper Elite 4 will help embellish stealth gameplay for players. Wright went onto talk about how hardware choice is a positive thing for gamers.
“We always see ourselves as a multi-platform developer, and our PC dev heritage means we always think choice is a good thing. If the PS4 Pro can offer this for the PlayStation community who are asking for it, then we’re all for it,” Wright said.
PS4 Pro marks a new age for console gaming. The emergence of mid-generation upgrades means going beyond generations, at least for as long as it works. PS4 Pro is available now. Sniper Elite 4 will launch on Feb. 14, 2017 for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more from our interview with Rebellion.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017