I tend to stay in the loop with various bands and artists, and today is certainly a noteworthy day for some of my favorite groups. If you’re a fan of Dispatch or Milky Chance then you’ll be happy to hear new music is here! Each group has a brand-new song available today and you can take a listen to each track below.
The new song from Dispatch is “Only The Wild Ones,” while Milky Chance’s new track is known as “Ego.” These song fits perfectly with what these two groups have done before. “Ego” is a fitting addition to the already available song “Cocoon.” The direction Milky Chance is heading in with their new music is excellent thus far.
Fans who are anxious for a new Milky Chance album can rest easy. The group’s newest record “Blossom” will debut on March 17 and you can pre-order it now. Milky Chance will be coming to Australia toward the end of April. No details are available for when the band will do a widespread U.S. tour. An announcement should come at some point in the coming months though. You can check out Milky’s full show list right here.
Dispatch has been working on new music for quite sometime now, and today’s release comes alongside the announcement of their Summer 2017 tour. The group will be bringing its act to cities across America starting this coming June 16. The first show will take place at Red Rocks Amphitheatre and then the group will head to Telluride. For a complete look at their list of upcoming shows, check out these dates.
If you’re curious about the inspiration for Dispatch’s new track “Only The Wild Ones,” the band gave new info. Brad, Chad and Pete gave some thoughts about where the song came from.
“There was this guy named Trevor Tall Fox that I met during my short stint in Vermont. We bonded over our love for primitive cultures, flinging ourselves down the mountain side, naked skateboarding, running from the cops and train hopping. I left Middlebury after a year and we unfortunately lost touch, but I heard that he changed his name after moving to Costa Rica. After Vermont, I settled in New York City for a few years.
“I met a tall fellow from Chicago named Charlie and he was on a mission to soak up everything New York had to offer. I was glad to tag along. He was hell bent on reading the New York Times from start to finish everyday and eventually having an interview show like Charlie Rose. [Charlie] was also an incredible dancer, not an easy feat for someone 6’6”. He was all limbs but he could move like the best of ’em. We’d run up walls and climb street lamps – he had no trouble causing a scene.
“This was right around the time when Giuliani outlawed dancing in pubs and bars. So we made it our business to go out and start dance parties (and no one could start a party like Charlie) in all the nearby bars. This song is about those guys, it’s about wild best friends that made anything possible,” Dispatch wrote.
Summer will be here before you know it and we’ll try to keep you updated on the latest happenings with Milky Chance and Dispatch. Stick around here at We Write Things for more…things.
- Rumor: PS4 & PS4 Pro Will Be Lead Marketing Platforms For Far Cry 5 - May 22, 2017
- Rockstar Delays Red Dead Redemption 2, Launching Spring 2018 - May 22, 2017
- Review: Tequila Ocho 2016 Puerta del Aire Plata – A Vintage Marvel - May 22, 2017
- Bungie Talks Destiny 2 On PC: It’s Not A Console Port - May 21, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins Will Be A Fresh Start For The Franchise - May 20, 2017
- Housemarque Announces Nex Machina Release Date - May 19, 2017
- Activision & Bungie Reveal Destiny 2 Gameplay, Campaign, Multiplayer & More - May 19, 2017
- Three Lazy Magnolia Beers That Will Drive You To The Liquor Store - May 19, 2017
- New Life Is Strange Game Confirmed By DONTNOD Entertainment - May 18, 2017
- Review: The Surge – For The Core, For The Dedicated - May 18, 2017