Microsoft is always looking to build a plethora of useful services for players. Xbox is full of a variety of features for players to become immersed within. With Project Scorpio’s impending launch, new features and announcements continue to stream in from Xbox.
Today, Microsoft is announcing the interactive livestreaming service, Mixer. The service is the next evolution of the beam interactive livestreaming platform and several new features are coming to it. Fans have been clamoring for these new features and Microsoft is going to deliver.
New features for the service will include co-streaming, a beta for the Mixer Create mobile streaming app, a new moderated channel of content on Mixer called “Channel One” and a new Mixer page on the Xbox One dash. Fans have asked and Microsoft was clearly listening.
Microsoft wants to reassure fans that even though Mixer is the new name, the core experience is the same. Xbox says players can still interact with streamers and game together in real-time. The 10-20 second latency some platforms have just isn’t part of the service.
To celebrate the news, Xbox’s Mixer channel will host a full day of livestreaming. Things kick off at 11 a.m. PT and more details about what’s new will be unveiled. They will also demo some of the new features coming to the service. “MixerWorks” is an interactive firework show that’ll commence at 9 p.m. PT.
Additionally, Microsoft’s highly anticipated E3 briefing will be broadcasted in full UHD. A “special edition Mixer 4K broadcast” will happen for those who own a 4K display. Xbox’s E3 2017 briefing will take place on June 11. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Xbox.
- Activision Reveals Call of Duty: WWII Private Multiplayer Beta Dates - August 16, 2017
- WBIE Releases New Shadow of War Tribes Trailer - August 16, 2017
- Empyre: Lords of the Sea Gates Releases October on Steam - August 16, 2017
- Dev Announces Raid: World War II’s September PC Release Date - August 16, 2017
- We Happy Few Forgoing Console Exclusivity is a Win for Gamers - August 16, 2017
- God Told Far Cry 5’s Villain The End of The World is Coming - August 15, 2017
- Xbox Acknowledges Xbox One X Pre-Order Frustration, Talks YouTube Streaming - August 15, 2017
- Meet Volition’s New Masterpiece: Agents of Mayhem - August 15, 2017
- Far Cry 5’s Compass Feature Embraces its 360 Degree Mindset - August 14, 2017
- Microsoft Says Windows, Not Xbox One X, is the Best Platform For VR - August 14, 2017