Fans have been waiting for today to come and it finally has. Ubisoft has revealed Far Cry 5 with its first trailer and slew of screenshots. The game is confirmed to be set in America and will launch for PS4 Pro, PS4, Xbox One, Project Scorpio and PC. Ubisoft’s Far Cry 5 will debut on Feb. 27, 2018.
The game is set in Montana during what seems to be a more modern day setting. Gamers will “have total freedom to navigate this serene-looking yet deeply twisted world solo or entirely in two-player co-op as they fight for survival and freedom” when the game launches next year. This marks the second time co-op is in a Far Cry game, with the first being Far Cry 4.
Players assume role of a junior deputy in the police force of Hope County, Montana. If you couldn’t tell, Hope County is indeed a fictional creation of Ubisoft’s. When gamers arrive in town, their presence “accelerates a years-long silent coup by a fanatical doomsday cult,” the Project at Eden’s Gate.
This triggers a violent takeover of the county, then forcing players to fight back. Gamers will disrupt the plans of the Project at Eden’s Gate and help bring about the resistance. Their efforts will help liberate the ally Hope County townspeople as well as themselves.
The Resistance is formed by gamers and the residents of Hope County. Diverse locations are all over Hope County and they will be the grounds for unique gameplay experiences. Gamers will be able to fly planes, which includes dogfights against enemy pilots. Famous American muscle cars, big rigs, ATVs and boats will also be playable in Far Cry 5. Vehicles can also serve as a protector from animal attacks.
Weapons will be diverse as gamers can choose from guns, grenades, sledgehammers and baseball bats. Guns for Hire is back and players can recruit help from a wide range of characters. Fangs for Hire is a new feature, which will allow gamers to recruit animals like bears and cougars.
The map editor is returning in Far Cry 5, as it gives players the chance to create and play new content via the Far Cry community. Ubisoft says new features are coming to the map editor, though they will specify those new features in the weeks ahead.
As I was expecting, PS4 players will receive free content by picking up the game. The content is a free Far Cry 5 skin pack at launch. It is unknown if the content is exclusive, but that is the sense I get from the release.
It is not a surprise to see Far Cry 5 launching on Feb. 27, 2018. Since South Park: The Fractured But Whole is launch on Oct. 17 of this year, and Assassin’s Creed is rumored to be as well, it makes sense for Far Cry 5 to arrive next year. Ubisoft’s Far Cry 5 launches next year for PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Project Scorpio and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Far Cry 5.
- Activision Reveals Call of Duty: WWII Private Multiplayer Beta Dates - August 16, 2017
- WBIE Releases New Shadow of War Tribes Trailer - August 16, 2017
- Empyre: Lords of the Sea Gates Releases October on Steam - August 16, 2017
- Dev Announces Raid: World War II’s September PC Release Date - August 16, 2017
- We Happy Few Forgoing Console Exclusivity is a Win for Gamers - August 16, 2017
- God Told Far Cry 5’s Villain The End of The World is Coming - August 15, 2017
- Xbox Acknowledges Xbox One X Pre-Order Frustration, Talks YouTube Streaming - August 15, 2017
- Meet Volition’s New Masterpiece: Agents of Mayhem - August 15, 2017
- Far Cry 5’s Compass Feature Embraces its 360 Degree Mindset - August 14, 2017
- Microsoft Says Windows, Not Xbox One X, is the Best Platform For VR - August 14, 2017