The Moscow Mule is a cocktail that’s become quite prolific over the past handful of years. Its tastiness and accessibility for just about any drinker makes it an attractive option. Typically, the beverage has a liquor base of vodka, but many have been trying new ones in its place.
Creating interesting and more unusual Mules is something many bars pride themselves on. Mixologists can stir up some fascinating alternatives to the typical vodka, ginger beer and lime juice combination. In years past, I’ve encountered Irish Whiskey based Mules during the springtime and it proved to be a nice addition to the simple recipe.
Tequila is another sort of spirit that stands out as a fun alternative to the usual vodka-based cocktail. You may be sitting there thinking, “when will another spirit toss its name in the hat for Mule consideration?” Well, your answer to that question is rum, and comes by way of Captain Morgan.
Captain Morgan is a spirit that, for many years, has paired greatly with the Captain and Coke recipe. The brand is looking to vary up its perception among cocktail drinkers and decided to make a push with a Mule recipe of their own. The ingredients to create a Morgan Mule are as simple as most other Mules out there.
In order to create a Morgan Mule, you’ll need to have on hand Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum, ginger ale, ice, a stirrer and lime wedge. For those who want to be real authentic, make sure you have a copper mug to enjoy the drink in. There’s no need to bring out the shaker, as your jigger will do just fine.
First, add some ice into your copper mug. Then, pour in one and a half ounces of Captain Morgan and four ounces of ginger ale. Stir the beverage with your stirrer until you’re happy with the blend. Next garnish your drink with a lime wedge and then you’re ready to enjoy your Morgan Mule.
The springtime is a perfect season for enjoying cocktails such as the Morgan Mule. Other refreshing cocktails that involve citrusy ingredients work very well on a hot day. We’ll have plenty more delicious recipes to share in the days ahead. Stick around here at We Write Things for more cocktail recipes.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Is The Best Looking Game On Xbox One X - June 22, 2017
- Far Cry 5’s American Debut Comes At Exactly The Right Time - June 22, 2017
- Review: Sam Adams Summer Seasonal Beers – Part II - June 22, 2017
- Review: George Remus Straight Bourbon Whiskey – A Whiskey Lover’s Delight - June 21, 2017
- Xbox One Executive Calls $499 Xbox One X Price ‘An Incredible Value’ - June 20, 2017
- PS4 Boss Teases Exclusives Launching During First Half 2018 - June 19, 2017
- Destiny 2 Plays, Looks & Runs Amazing On PC - June 19, 2017
- Perception Grants A New Lens For Experiencing Terror & Adventure - June 16, 2017
- Call of Duty: WWII Delivers What Gamers Wanted In A Massive Way - June 16, 2017
- PS4 Exclusive Days Gone Gives Players Alternate Paths To Success - June 15, 2017