Gamers who have enjoyed music titles of the past and are excited for something new to join the fray, you may have reason to rejoice. Today, We Sing Productions, which is a partnership between Nordic Games, Wired Productions and Le Cortex, have announced the new karaoke game We Sing for PS4 and Xbox One.
For those who remember, We Sing debuted back in 2009 for the Nintendo Wii, and its newest iteration will debut later this year, though no exact date was provided. The game will support up to eight mics on PS4 and Xbox One, and will deliver 30 “iconic hits,” in addition to a “host of cutting edge technology and gameplay experiences for the music singing category.”
From the sounds of it, gamers will compete against other PS4 or Xbox One players online and will try to move their way up the leaderboards. You can play the game on your own or with others, and We Sing will feature the original recordings of each song as well as their official music videos. “The game’s unique eight mic support enables players to use their smartphones as an additional mic with the free We Sing Mic companion app in addition to using a We Sing certified mic for a truly authentic studio experience.”
We Sing‘s tracklist will include songs such as Abba’s “Dancing Queen,” David Bowie’s “Let’s Dance,” Shawn Mendes’ “Stitches,” Sia’s “Chandelier,” and “See You Again” from Wiz Khalifa. Alasdair Hibberd, who is a product manager, spoke about the new game announcement.
“We’re delighted to bring We Sing to a new audience, building on the tenants that made the original series a resounding success. Our new We Sing game has been built from the ground up, utilizing the Unreal 4 engine alongside the highest calibre of audio technologies, including the KaraEngine to deliver an immersive experience, for the next generation of gamers,” Hibberd said.
Gamers can expect new songs and features to be revealed leading up to We Sing‘s launch later this year. The game will debut on PS4 and Xbox One. Check out a list of the features that were announced alongside the game today:
- Sing your heart out to the hottest hits from the biggest artists – including original recordings and HD videos from across five decades
- Connect up to four USB microphones and download the free We Sing Mic app (available for iOS and Android devices) to sing with up to eight friends simultaneously
- Sing with friends or rock it solo to top the online leaderboards and become a star
- Featuring six game modes, including We Sing mode to sing and score together, and Sing-Off mode to compete individually
- Sing along with your favorite artists or dive into a true karaoke experience with the original instrumental recordings
- Turn your console into a music channel and watch every song’s music video in Jukebox Mode
- Turn up the heat and show off your perfect pitch with We Sing’s three difficulty settings
- Create and save playlists of your favorite tracks for future and non-stop play
- Gameplay powered by the KaraEngine for ultra-accurate pitch detection
- Studio quality audio pipeline allows players to hear the music the way it was meant to sound
- Explore a dynamic 3D user interface with audio effects and choose the songs to sing from the dynamic carousel
- Anti-cheat and auto-lag detection systems
- Game built in the Unreal Engine 4
- English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese language support