Father’s Day 2019 is quickly approaching, and for those looking to appease the taste buds of their Dads with some outstanding bourbon, we got a few options to consider.
George Remus continues to produce outstanding bourbon whiskey, and two options you would certainly enjoy are the George Remus Straight Bourbon Whiskey and Remus Repeal Reserve Series II. Those looking to pick a bottle up should know MPG Ingredients delivers these fantastic whiskeys to a dozen different cities around the country (Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Montana, Missouri, Nebraska, Texas and Wisconsin).
The George Remus Straight Bourbon Whiskey is more of an everyday bourbon your father can enjoy. The price is very reasonable, particularly for the taste, and it is readily available year round. In contrast, the Remus Reserve is a limited-edition release, therefore a more special occasion sort of bourbon. And yes, Father’s Day certainly is a special occasion.
If you haven’t tried the Straight Bourbon Whiskey before, it’s a delightfully well-balanced bourbon. Personally, cinnamon comes through the most when it comes to sampling it, plus a comforting sweetness. A warm spice is generated through the cinnamon.
Aromas I found were primarily the vanilla, in addition to bits of cinnamon. It’s a fantastic happy hour or desert whiskey worth enjoying neat, untainted by any cocktail ingredients, and the same is true for the Remus Repeal Reserve.
On the other hand, the Remus Repeal Reserve Series II is too a fantastic bourbon that’s been well-balanced, yet possesses a bit more complexity than the former.
Notes of vanilla can be discovered in the aromas of the bourbon, similar to the former, yet the maple notes in the palate help differentiate it. I also found a caramelized brown spice hint when tasting the bourbon, a wonderful addition to the already fantastic presentation.
Similar to the Straight Bourbon Whiskey, the Remus Reserve is beat enjoyed neat with no other contaminants clouding its fabulous taste.
While the Remus Reserve is absolutely meant for special occasions like Father’s Day, the Straight Bourbon Whiskey is an excellent everyday option as well. The former comes in at a suggested retail of $84.99, while the latter checks in at $39.99. For any bourbon whiskey lover, these are the perfect gifts to give this coming Father’s Day.
- Refresh From The Heat With Rio Jade From Lone Star Beer - June 22, 2020
- Rossville Master Crafted Serves Up A Tasty Sour - June 5, 2020
- Remus Repeal Reserve Serves Up the Simplest of Recipes - May 7, 2020
- George Remus Delivers a Taste of Prohibition - April 29, 2020
- Get into The Holiday Spirit with Monarch Bar and J. Rieger - December 16, 2019
- Rossville and Remus Deck the High Balls This Holiday Season - December 11, 2019
- Founders Brewing Co. Awakens the Canadian Breakfast Stout - December 5, 2019
- Remus Repeal Reserve Series III Is Yet Another Spectacular Release - September 25, 2019
- George Remus Delivers Essential Gifts for This Father’s Day - May 15, 2019
- George Does It Again With Remus Repeal Reserve Series II - December 13, 2018