When I talk to people who are curious about paleo eating, the first thing I usually hear is that they can’t live without pasta or bread (girl, preach). Luckily, there are lots of grain alternatives that usually hit the spot. This pasta salad is a good example of that. I wasn’t sure how the gnocchi would turn out, but it’s awesome, so don’t worry. Now, if you are going all out in your paleo approach (no dairy), then you will want to omit the feta cheese here. That being said, if you tolerate dairy, organically sourced cheeses can be a great source of healthy fat (plus, goat cheeses are generally easier to the digest).
- One box of Cappello’s Gnocchi Pasta
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- 1/2 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup olives, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 2 tsp oregano, finely chopped (fresh is best)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lemons, juiced, to taste
- 1/4 c feta cheese
- Bring a large saucepan filled with water and a dash of Himalayan salt to boil. Add the pasta and cook al dente. Drain and place in the fridge to cool while you prep the veggies.
- For the dressing, whisk 1 tsp oregano, the garlic, lemon juice and 2 tbsp water in a small bowl. Let this marinate for 5-10 mins.
- To serve, place the pasta along with the cucumber, spinach, tomatoes, olives, onion and remaining oregano in a bowl. Add the dressing and toss, then sprinkle with feta cheese!