Games can become something more when strong characters carry an experience. Deep Silver Volition is no stranger to creating intriguing, quirky and entertaining characters. Those who know the Saints Row franchise will surely know exactly what I’m talking about.
Well, Volition is transitioning to a new world and in it is a new cast of characters. However, just because change has hit Volition, doesn’t mean the personalities in their new game aren’t just as entertaining. The studio’s new IP Agents of Mayhem is coming next month and it is starring some very interesting people.
Perhaps most intriguing is the rollin’, patrolin’ lady of the derby, Daisy. She is a certifiable badass and rocks a minigun for every enemy to fear, but she came along later in development. Anoop Shekar, who is the project design director at Deep Silver Volition, spoke to We Write Things about how Daisy’s character came to be.
“Daisy wasn’t one of the first agents we came up with but she wasn’t created near the end either. I don’t remember the whole process for how she came together but I do know that the idea for her being on skates the whole time came from the animator that was working on her. He just felt that it was too cool not to push for that and once everyone agreed we never looked back,” Shekar said.
Daisy very well may be one of the fan-favorite characters in Agents of Mayhem. That says a lot considering the rest of the Agents’ cast is quite eccentric as well. Other entertaining personalities are Oni, Hollywood, Yeti and more. We’ll all have to wait and see who fans take to the most.
Daisy possesses a dynamic arsenal that doesn’t just keep combat fresh, but also how you play. Whether it is her minigun or her roller derby attacks, Daisy brings the pain in a big way. Shekar talked about how her combat style creates unique gameplay moments.
“From a gameplay perspective she’s cool because she sort of toggles between using her minigun for maximum damage and then going into roller derby mode to send enemies flying. That back and forth dynamic makes her unique amongst all of our agents. Her personality really shines through because she’s mainly in MAYHEM to have fun and kick ass.
“She doesn’t harbor any big secrets or major grudges against LEGION so she’s kind of along for the ride. This makes her perspective on most of the major events that occur in the game different than the rest of the crew,” Shekar said.
Agents of Mayhem is set for release on Aug. 15 for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Deep Silver Volition isn’t detailing any upgrades specific to the PS4 Pro or Xbox One X versions of the game. This title has the feel of a breakout hit for the fall, but we’ll see how it plays out. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Agents of Mayhem.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017