The Nintendo Switch is selling extremely well thus far. Nintendo Switch reportedly sold close to 1 million units in the U.S. during its first month on the market. Sales across the world haven’t been pegged down exactly, however, they seem to be doing just as well.
A strong install base is what Nintendo needs. The larger the install base, the more likely Switch will be to acquire a deeper pool of third party titles. Switch’s portability makes the system a very attractive option for all game developers. The thought of gamers being able to take their gaming on the go is now a luxurious reality.
Exploration based games or open-world games fit great with the game-on-the-go concept. Major publishers and indie developers are hopping on the Switch bandwagon, and why not? Lienzo’s Adolfo Aguirre spoke about the possibility of the studio’s upcoming adventure game Mulaka coming to Nintendo Switch.
“We’d love to do so! It’s the only console that would allow us to take the game with us to their settlements in the mountain region and let them play it! We’ll announce any news in regards to new platforms on our social media sites,” Aguirre told We Write Things.
While this is in no way a confirmation that Mulaka is coming to Switch, it certainly bodes well. Graphically speaking, the Switch should be able to run the game, and its portability is certainly appealing for developers of the game.
Developers are learning how to use PS4 Pro and Project Scorpio. The new systems open up new possibilities that aren’t available to experiences on the base PS4 and Xbox One. Aguirre talked about what the new consoles allow game developers to do now that weren’t possible before.
“These new machines allow for better performance on more demanding titles, so developers can deliver a better experience for people who are very interested in better frame rates or resolutions,” Aguirre said.
Mulaka will launch sometime this year on PS4, Xbox One and PC. From what Aguirre said, a Switch release is certainly possible, if not likely. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Mulaka.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017