Faction War will be a metagame that is part of the overall multiplayer experience in For Honor. Ubisoft wants this to be an experience that brings players together on all platforms, so they can then battle all players no matter the platform they play For Honor on.
Unity through division is how I look at Faction War. This metagame will take into account every single game that is played on PS4, Xbox One and PC. From there, it is added to the overall data for Faction War, illustrating which faction of the three is winning.
Gamers will pick their side in the form of either a Viking, Samurai or Knight. There will be a variety of multiplayer modes for folks to experience and each outcome will contribute to the final result. We Write Things spoke with Ubisoft’s Roman Campos Oriola about how every player will impact Faction War.
“We wanted everyone to be able to see the impact they have in Faction War. That’s why we chose six hours [per turn], so everybody [around the world] can have an event. Every six hours, you will see the map move back and forth,” Oriola said.
Going a bit deeper, it might make sense for there to be player captains or leaders in each of the factions. While this idea might make sense on paper, Ubisoft is holding off to see how players interact with multiplayer. Roman further detailed the studio’s thought process regarding Faction War.
“We decided to wait and see how people react to [Faction War]. How much are they involved in Faction War? How much do they talk about it? Eventually, what are the needs that emerge from the community and be reactive from there. Instead of creating a big feature and no one ending up using it,” Oriola said.
Some of what will ultimately materialize in For Honor‘s multiplayer will be based on player feedback. Ubisoft is really looking to players for insight into what they want from the game post-launch.
Gamers will have their chance to make a mark on history this coming Feb. 14. The game will be available on PS4, Xbox One and PC. To register for the game’s closed beta, check out Ubisoft’s site. Stick around here at We Write Things for more from our interview with Roman.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017