Back in September of this year, Sony held a press briefing to show off PS4 Pro. They featured a number of games, some of which have released, and others which are still to debut.
One of the games shown off was Mass Effect Andromeda. The upcoming game gave gamers a sneak peek into the type of world they’ll find next year. The demo was a simple 4K tech demonstration of how the game will look on PS4 Pro.
From the sound of things though, BioWare didn’t exactly have the biggest heads up about this happening. Mass Effect Andromeda technical director Harold Chaput tells the story of how the Mass Effect Andromeda PS4 Pro video came up and how it turned out.
“We didn’t design the game with PS4 Pro in mind; it came on the scene as we were making the game. So when it came time to bring it to this new platform, make it look as good as possible, demo it – it wasn’t totally clear on how to get from A to B. But the team jumped into it and really pulled out all stops and found ways to make it look great.
“I think the lesson was, ask us for more. In a lot of ways, that was the programming team’s way of saying, ‘Bring it. What else have you got?’ I don’t want to say it was easy, because that under-sells the team, but I think it happened a lot smoother than a lot of people thought it would,” Chaput told GI.
It surely could not have been the easiest of tasks for BioWare’s developers to mash together a slice of Andromeda, particularly if they didn’t have a lot of time to prepare. As it turned out, the PS4 Pro demo looked great and got across what was intended.
Looking forward, EA and BioWare are holding the release date of Andromeda close to the chest. Presumably, we should be hearing about a date in the months ahead. However, with the holiday period just around the corner don’t expect to hear anything before the end of the year.
Mass Effect Andromeda will debut on PS4, Xbox One and PC when it launches next year. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Mass Effect.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017