Video games can be so creative with how they ask the player to think outside of the box as well as with the type of content the games themselves deliver. The Sniper Elite franchise is unique in that the Hitler assassination missions are some of the most addicting.
They are indeed back for Sniper Elite 4, and gamers will enjoy how they play. Rebellion took quite a lot of player feedback and thought about how to evolve these missions.
Gamers who played Sniper Elite 3 will certainly notice a greater degree of experimentation. Rebellion wants to give gamers more room to play and be creative. Speaking to We Write Things, Paul Wright, who is the lead designer at Rebellion Developments, also wants there to be greater replayability in the Hitler assassination missions.
“Without giving too much away, we’ve focused this installment giving the player a lot more fun with how the mission plays out. More emphasis has been placed on experimentation and replay so you can keep coming back to the mission and try out new strategies,” Wright said.
Giving the player greater agency or choice in any game is a perfect way to create a more dynamic experience. Opening up the design and not making missions as linear let players create those one of a kind moments that are unique to their playthrough.
Gamers who pre-order Sniper Elite 4 will receive the title’s first DLC for free. Pre-order incentives are a common occurrence in gaming these days. Wright went onto speak about why they are giving away the game’s first DLC away for free to those who pre-order.
“The Hitler assassination missions were such a big hit on V2 and Sniper Elite 3 we felt the community would be disappointed not to see it return! They work nicely because we can offer players something bespoke, a little different, without spoiling the main game’s narrative.
“You get the mission free on any platform – boxed or digital – if you pre-order, as our way of saying ‘thank you’ for supporting independent game dev. It’ll be available separately as well if players want to wait,” Wright said.
Sniper Elite 4 will launch this coming Feb. 14 for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for much more from our interview with Rebellion.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017