An ending in a game was never made a bigger deal than when Mass Effect 3 was released. Gamers all over the world held the game’s ending in question unlike anything we’ve seen before. That was years ago though and now we’re only a handful of months away from the release of Mass Effect Andromeda.
BioWare is working very hard on taking what has become arguably EA’s biggest franchise, and advancing it beyond what we’ve seen. It has been since 2012 when we saw the last iteration in the Mass Effect series, and gamers are thirsty for what is next.
Mass Effect Andromeda will take gamers into a new part of the galaxy, along with new characters. As most gamers will certainly be curious, Andromeda will apparently have an ending that feels like one, while still leaving room for possibilities. Mass Effect creative director Mac Walters spoke about what he wants players to feel at the end of Andromeda.
“At the end of this, we want it to feel like a story has [been] completed. Yes, for the universe, there’s much more you could explore, and we want to tease that, but it feels like its own story. It’s like, ‘Great. I had my Ryder sibling becoming-a-hero story. What’s next? Is it going to be Ryder? Is it going to be something else? Who knows?'” Walters told GI in their latest issue.
BioWare won’t come right out and say that Mass Effect Andromeda is the beginning of a new trilogy. Having taken a lesson from the first three games, the studio seems to be taking a more gradual approach this time around.
Like previous installments in the series, weapons will be a major part of gameplay. Increasing your character’s skill will be a major part of the game as well. However, Walters and the rest of the BioWare team want players to be capable of more than just winning a gunfight.
“You have to be able to handle a gun. You have to be able to fight. But we want you to be more than that; we want [you to] be an explorer, an adventurer, someone who’s trained in diplomacy and other things. You’re about to go to a new galaxy, and you have no idea what you’re going to find. We want this small group of people – the Pathfinder and the Pathfinder team – to lead the way,” Walters said.
Mass Effect Andromeda is set to launch this coming spring. No release date is known for the upcoming title, but news on that should surface soon. It would not be a surprise to see Andromeda‘s release date pop-up at The Game Awards tomorrow night. We do know Andromeda will launch on PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Mass Effect Andromeda.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017