Sometimes in craft beer, we can get a little wrapped up in a palate’s seasons. When routine begins to weigh heavy, it’s important to buck the norm and do something new, something unique. Durango’s Ska Brewing is stepping out of the line and being different with the timing of their newest yearly release, Pils World.
A craft lager that finishes extremely clean and crisp, Pils World joins Ska’s sterling list of year round beers. Currently, the brewery features Pinstripe Red Ale, True Blonde Ale, Modus Hoperandi Ale, Buster Nut Brown Ale and Steel Toe Stout.
I found Pils World to be a refreshing way to kick off the fall season. Typically, we begin to see darker beers take hold of the spotlight, however, Pils World tosses in a fine hop bitterness. Its drinkability will also separate itself from some of the darker beers you’ll encounter this fall and winter.
While you might think Pils World will step on the toes of True Blonde Ale, Ska thinks that won’t be a problem. True Blonde Ale possesses a sweeter palate than that of the Pils. The latter stands alone with its clean and crisp finish, which will wash out any spicy food you throw its way.
Pils World also contains a bitter hop toward the end of its palate, and this actually is a welcomed fit even with the colder months approaching. Notes of lemon are also subtly found in the presentation, among other citrusy hints. Spicy food pairs very well with the colder months of the year, and this beer will help manage any heat your palate encounters.
Ska Brewing chose to name the beer Pils World because of the inspiration they took from Durango’s mountain bike trails, Phil’s World. Pils World checks in with a 5.4 percent alcohol by volume (ABV), making it the fourth highest ABV for Ska’s flagship, year round beers.
Starting tomorrow, Ska will begin selling its Pils World throughout its distribution network. The ale will be available in 12 oz. cans throughout each year. We’ll have our full interview with Co-Founder Dave Thibodeau in the coming days. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on the company’s new year round release and Ska Brewing.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017