Collaborations are a very common occurrence in the craft beer world, so when Funkwerks sent out news of their partnership with Denver’s River North Brewery, it was no surprise. As part of Funkwerks’ September releases, Blanc: The Saison Conspiracy is a product of work done by both River North and Funkwerks.
Blanc will be getting set to release toward the end of September, so Broncos fans will have a special mid-season beer to enjoy. Both Funkwerks and River North have combined to create two saisons, one for each brewery.
Each beer has taken house saison yeast strains from both breweries and blended them together. The result is a unique beer for each brewery, while still remaining siblings of the same yeast. “Blanc is a traditional light Saison supplemented with chardonnay grapes and subsequently aged in Chardonnay barrels for over two months.”
Beer drinkers who tend to gravitate toward ales that relate to their wine preferences will be happy to know the Blanc is a Chardonnay Barrel-Aged Saison ale made with grapes. The final product of the collaboration is a beer with a notable 7.5 percent alcohol by volume (ABV).
You can stop by Funkwerks and pick-up bottles of Blanc to go or you can enjoy it on draft. It’s best to check with River North to find out how exactly they’ll be selling their saison and when it’ll be released.
The final beer we’ll talk about today is the Bramble. It’s getting set to release sometime during the middle-to-late part of September. This particular ale sports the style of a “Barrel-Aged Brett Saison ale brewed with blackberries.”
The Bramble contains a similar ABV to the Blanc’s, with Bramble’s checking in with a 7.6 percent ABV. Additionally, Brett has also made its way into the Bramble, as it has been “bespeckled” with Brettanomyces. “This brew begins with our house Saison yeast strain. An added brett strain brings a bit of funk; dark candi sugar and berries boost a supplemental sweetness. Best enjoyed beside a babbling brook between friends. Bramble on,” Funkwerks wrote.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017