Open-world racing games aren’t the most common types of games these days, but when a title like The Crew comes along, you know you’re getting something with legs. Ubisoft originally launched the title during the fall period of 2014, and now with fall 2016 nearly here, the company revealed what the next chapter in The Crew will be.
Calling All Units will be the second major expansion to speed into the homes of The Crew gamers, and it’ll be here much sooner than you might think. Ubisoft confirmed The Crew: Calling All Units will be released on PS4, Xbox One and PC this coming Nov. 29, with the Ultimate Edition launching at the same time.
“Players will hit the road as a cop or street racer to prove their driving skills and team up in crews to take over the USA. This new police-chase fantasy will have a deep impact on the gameplay and on players’ experience all over the gigantic open world offered by The Crew.
“Players will be introduced to this brand-new police versus racer gameplay through a twelve-mission story that will allow them to build up their own cop style and tactics, ride in fully tuned police vehicles and collect new parts, vehicles and XP,” Ubisoft wrote.
The Crew was recently part of Xbox’s Games With Gold program and thousands and thousands of new players jumped into the online racer. Ubisoft reported a massive increase in player engagement, so this upcoming expansion should be wonderful news to those gamers who are looking for more.
“As a member of the police, players chase street racers across the US in frantic, high-risk pursuits. They will perform successful arrests and get their hands on a wide range of exclusive cop vehicles, from exotic supercars to legendary motorbikes or indestructible SUVs, fully tuned up with police livery and light bars.
“Players who prefer to hit the roads as a racer will take off with cargo for heart-pounding rides and high rewards. Chases can be triggered anywhere, anytime, bringing even more intensity to the multiplayer experience, already enjoyed by more than nine million players,” Ubisoft wrote.
Gamers will also be a part of an exciting “face-off” and will gain complete entry to “street racer gameplay.” Folks will be empowered with special abilities like “blinding flashbangs and unlimited nitro.” You heard me, unlimited nitro!
Gamers who are looking to joining The Crew for the first time can pick up The Crew Ultimate Edition and enjoy the main game, The Crew: Wild Run, the upcoming expansion Calling All Units and “Season Pass vehicles with their customization options.”
Ubisoft also revealed the game’s level cap has been raised once again. The Crew’s max level will now be 60. The expansion arrives Nov. 29 of this year. Stick around here at We Write Things for more video games goodness.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017