When the PS4 and Xbox One originally debuted, Ubisoft launched the highly popular open-world, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag. The game is adored by fans for the naval systems it introduced, both in combat and traversal. Since the Black Flag team is working on Assassin’s Creed Origins, you may be wondering if ship battles will be returning once more.
This year’s Assassin’s Creed takes gamers into the massive country of Egypt. In an effort to push things further than ever before, Ubisoft tried to mirror Egypt as it was back in ancient times. While you might not think of it, water is a big part of Egypt in Origins, thus the return of something great.
Ubisoft is giving back a feature that fans loved so much in Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag. In an exclusive interview with We Write Things, Assassin’s Creed Origins game director Ashraf Ismail confirmed ship battles and a large naval experience for gamers.
“We can say there are two parts. There’s all the stuff that happens on boats, which is not really naval gameplay. Boats are vehicles in the world and there are different types of boats. You can take over pretty much any boat and can fight on the boats and boat-to-boat. So there’s that.
“There is naval combat in terms of the bigger ships, the much bigger ships. It’s not at all the scope of [Assassin’s Creed IV:] Black Flag, so I don’t want to give the illusion of that to people. It is much more individual moments, individual quests that allow you to experience that. There is a fairly big experience for naval combat, with different weapons and different ships. It’s not the open-world scope that it was in Black Flag,” Ismail said.
Recently, this is something that’s been quiet when developers have talked about the game. It’s a thrill to hear ship battles will return in Assassin’s Creed Origins. It does seem like it’ll be a complementary feature to the overall experience. As Ismail says though, “it’s not at all the scope of Black Flag.”
The long-awaited return of Assassin’s Creed will finally happen this coming Oct. 27. The game will debut on Xbox One X, Xbox One, PS4 Pro, PS4 and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for much more on Assassin’s Creed Origins.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017