Ubisoft is in the second year of DLC support for Tom Clancy’s The Division. The game made its debut back in early 2015, but the publisher isn’t giving up on supporting it. Now available, update 1.7 is finally here for The Division across PS4, Xbox One and PC.
The update creates a new event system, which challenges gamers to learn new ways to play. Time-limited activities and gameplay mods enable this to happen. They’ll occur often and will provide gamers with exclusive rewards. New mods for missions and incursions can be activated during challenges, which may offer more rewards.
Commendations, previously Feats, are a segment of the new achievement system. Those who complete these tasks reap the rewards in the end. Caches come across as loot boxes with random items and emotes to help customize. Acquiring keys in the world helps unlock caches, but they are also purchasable.
Unique gear is also coming, and this ranges from face masks to arm patches. The barbershop enables players to “re-customize their agent” at their wish. Never-before-seen scoring items allows players to rack up higher achievement scores than ever before. Ubisoft is reworking the reward economy to ensure time spent is on par with other activities.
This is the first of two free updates coming to The Division during this second year of DLC. Outbreak is the first global event and is happening now through Aug. 22. New enemy behavior is coming, so how will you handle it? The Survival expansion will be free this weekend from Aug. 18 until Aug. 20 across all platforms.
Tom Clancy’s The Division is available now for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Ubisoft will likely be supporting the game through next year with new content. It’ll be interesting to see when we hear about the future of the series next. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on The Division.
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Director Calls Xbox One X Version ‘Most Beautiful Version’ - September 8, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole Embraces Farts Like Never Before - September 8, 2017
- Hands-On: Assassin’s Creed Origins Feels Incredibly Unfamiliar & That’s Amazing - September 6, 2017
- Knack 2 Shows What Sony Learned From The Order: 1886 - September 5, 2017
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 – A New Love Awakens - September 1, 2017
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a Breakout Switch Exclusive - August 28, 2017