Memorable indie games tend to come along much more frequently these days. A personal favorite of the year is Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicle, but there’s an upcoming game for next year that may steal the spotlight. Developers at the Canadian studio Bishop Games are announcing a release date for their upcoming platformer, Light Fall.
The indie game Light Fall will make its debut sometime during March 2018. No specific date is out there quite yet, but we do know its platforms. Bishop confirms PC, MAC, PS4 and Xbox One will receive Light Fall. There is no word quite yet on whether or not Nintendo Switch will receive the game.
Light Fall asks players to explore the universe of Numbra, and to do this they use the Shadow Core. This is a “magical box beneath your feet,” which helps you traverse the world and endure its numerous challenges. Bishop Games is looking to redefine the platformer genre through the Shadow Core feature.
Bishop Games’ Light Fall features a “strange universe where darkness prevails” over light. Gamers must to save the inhabitants of this “forgotten” universe. David Dion-Paquet, who is the co-founder and president of Bishop Games, talked about the inspiration behind Light Fall.
“Light Fall is the first title that Bishop Games is releasing so we wanted to ensure that the game really stands out from other traditional 2D platformers. The idea behind Light Fall was to make a platformer where you can control your own platform. This allows players to be creative about how they traverse through the game and provides them with a truly unique gameplay experience,” Dion-Paquet said.
Bishop Games’ Shadow Core feature enables players to propel themselves into the air to traverse the lands. Darkness is a major theme of Light Fall, and the supporting character Stryx is invaluable. He offers insightful feedback, but when you fail, he’ll be there to mock.
Locations gamers will visit are the Lunar Plain, Mashlands of Sorrows, Vipera’s Forest and the Unknown Depths. Hidden paths, collectibles and easter eggs await you on the journey. Speedrun mode will also be a great chance to showcase your hasty skills online and worldwide. Light Fall launches this coming March 2018. The game will be available on PS4, Xbox One, PC and MAC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Light Fall.
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Director Calls Xbox One X Version ‘Most Beautiful Version’ - September 8, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole Embraces Farts Like Never Before - September 8, 2017
- Hands-On: Assassin’s Creed Origins Feels Incredibly Unfamiliar & That’s Amazing - September 6, 2017
- Knack 2 Shows What Sony Learned From The Order: 1886 - September 5, 2017
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 – A New Love Awakens - September 1, 2017
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a Breakout Switch Exclusive - August 28, 2017