Coin Operated Games is getting close to the debut of their upcoming Neo-Victorian RPG known as Empyre: Lords of the Sea Gates. It is so close that the studio is confirming the game will launch this coming Oct. 4 on PC. Steam is the host for selling the game and Oct. 4 is rapidly approaching.
Empyre: Lords of the Sea Gates depicts a “troubled New York in which the entire city is flooded by rising oceans,” and now citizens face a terrible threat. Fresh water pipes are stopped and drinkable water is nowhere to be found. Water is everywhere, but none of it is to drink.
Paul Noth is the writer behind the story of Empyre: Lords of the Sea Gates. He is the father of the animated series “Pale Force, which appeared on Late Night with Conan O’Brien. Paul is also known for developing shows for Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Nickelodeon. He spoke about writing the upcoming game.
“After writing for different media throughout my career, I’m very excited to be working with Coin Operated Games to write their video game script. The world that has been created in Empyre: Lords of the Sea Gates is amazing and truly unique, so I’m thrilled to be able to develop a story set in this new world,” Noth said.
While Empyre features a fictional setting, it still respects historical accounts by the inclusion of “authentic items like patent medicines” and more. Patent medicines include poisons or tonics that come from perilous ingredients. Most of the objectives and side quests come from experiences of someone who lived during the 19th century. Authenticity is key, and John Randall, who is the creative director of the game spoke about working with Paul.
“We are very honored that Paul is working with us on the storyline for Empyre: Lords of the Sea Gates. He is a world class writer, and has been invaluable to us with helping to shape the direction of our games’ signature Neo-Victorian story and experience,” Randall said.
Gamers can pick up Empyre: Lords of the Sea Gates this coming Oct. 4 on PC via Steam. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on video games.
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Director Calls Xbox One X Version ‘Most Beautiful Version’ - September 8, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole Embraces Farts Like Never Before - September 8, 2017
- Hands-On: Assassin’s Creed Origins Feels Incredibly Unfamiliar & That’s Amazing - September 6, 2017
- Knack 2 Shows What Sony Learned From The Order: 1886 - September 5, 2017
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 – A New Love Awakens - September 1, 2017
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a Breakout Switch Exclusive - August 28, 2017