When Microsoft made the E3 2013 reveal of Xbox One, they also opened up pre-orders the same day. Unfortunately for its successor, Xbox One X, there has been a bit of a delay in opening up pre-orders. However, Microsoft is working on getting those open in the days ahead.
Many gamers have been wanting to pre-order Xbox One X ever since E3 2017. The system, however, was not approved by the FCC and this is the snag that kept Microsoft from opening them at the show. The device recently gained approval and now it’s on Microsoft to announce pre-orders.
The company is fully aware of people’s desire to get their Xbox One X pre-order in though. If possible, Microsoft certainly would have wanted pre-orders to open at E3 2017. Microsoft’s Mike Ybarra talked about the pre-order delay and acknowledged the exasperation gamers have been feeling.
“It’s great to see the excitement from people. I know there’s frustration about pre-orders, apologize for that. As Phil [Spencer] said on Twitter, he said soon and really that’s all I can say about that,” Ybarra said in a new video.
I believe Xbox One X pre-orders will open after Microsoft’s showing at Gamescom 2017. It is the next recognizable event throughout the world still to come this year. Switching gears, some are wondering if YouTube streaming will come to Xbox One. Ybarra talked about what needs to happen for the feature to arrive.
“I’ve seen a request on the feedback site. I think what we need to do is see things voted up. Literally, I know I say that a lot on feature requests, but the team will go to that feedback site, look by votes and then look at that related to their own engineering ideas that they have…I encourage anybody that wants any other feature to go up to [the site] and vote those features up. That does directly impact what we do,” Ybarra said.
Microsoft responds very well to its fans’ demand for features and content. Making your voice heard on the feedback site is the best way of spurring change. If you want to know more about it, you can check out the feedback site here. Xbox One X is going to launch this Nov. 7 for $499. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Xbox One.
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Director Calls Xbox One X Version ‘Most Beautiful Version’ - September 8, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole Embraces Farts Like Never Before - September 8, 2017
- Hands-On: Assassin’s Creed Origins Feels Incredibly Unfamiliar & That’s Amazing - September 6, 2017
- Knack 2 Shows What Sony Learned From The Order: 1886 - September 5, 2017
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 – A New Love Awakens - September 1, 2017
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a Breakout Switch Exclusive - August 28, 2017