Starting today and continuing through Sunday, Aug. 13, the Call of Duty World League Championship (CWL) will take place. The event will happen in Orlando, FL and is being presented by PlayStation 4. Its events will reside in the massive Amway Center, where the Orlando Magic NBA team plays.
The stakes will be high as the event concludes a season in which over $4 million in prize pool money will have been paid out. This coming weekend will see gamers compete for $1.5 million in prize pool money, and of course the title of best Call of Duty eSports team out there.
The first few days of the Call of Duty World League Championship will be viewable online. Folks can check out the livestreams happening today and tomorrow here. Both events are closed to the public, however, the livestream is indeed how you can watch them. The weekend is when things open up to the public.
Starting on Friday, Aug. 11, gamers can gain access to the event at 10 a.m. I’m assuming that’s local time there in Orlando. The event opens at the exact same time on Saturday and Sunday.
If you aren’t familiar with the Call of Duty World League Championship, it hosts the best Call of Duty eSports teams from around the world. Teams come from North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific, all of whom are playing last year’s Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. A total of 32 teams are competing in Championship pool play, with double elimination coming into play during the championship bracket stage.
Folks who wish to attend the event live and in-person can do so through here. Tickets start at $53.99 for general admission, while VIP passes charge $160.99. The event runs from Aug. 9 through Aug. 13 and will be the crowning end to last year’s Infinite Warfare.
Activision is getting ready to launch Call of Duty: WWII this coming November. The series is returning to boots on the ground gameplay for the first time since 2013’s Call of Duty: Ghosts. Activision’s WWII launches on Nov. 3 for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Call of Duty.
- Ubisoft Releases Update 1.7 for Tom Clancy’s The Division - August 17, 2017
- Stunning Indie Game Light Fall Drops March 2018 on PS4, Xbox One & PC - August 17, 2017
- Activision Reveals Call of Duty: WWII Private Multiplayer Beta Dates - August 16, 2017
- WBIE Releases New Shadow of War Tribes Trailer - August 16, 2017
- Empyre: Lords of the Sea Gates Releases October on Steam - August 16, 2017
- Dev Announces Raid: World War II’s September PC Release Date - August 16, 2017
- We Happy Few Forgoing Console Exclusivity is a Win for Gamers - August 16, 2017
- God Told Far Cry 5’s Villain The End of The World is Coming - August 15, 2017
- Xbox Acknowledges Xbox One X Pre-Order Frustration, Talks YouTube Streaming - August 15, 2017
- Meet Volition’s New Masterpiece: Agents of Mayhem - August 15, 2017