Gamescom 2017 is right around the corner and companies are readying for the worldwide event. The biggest firms in the industry will be on hand to showcase their games, and Ubisoft is one of them. Ubisoft Gamescom 2017 will star a number of major games set to release this year and next.
Ubisoft is confirming a major lineup for the show. Titles include Assassin’s Creed Origins, Far Cry 5, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, South Park: The Fractured But Whole and The Crew 2. Competitive gameplay will also be on hand for both For Honor and Rainbow Six Siege.
Fans who visit Ubisoft’s booth will enjoy “exclusive presentations, news, demos, trailers,” giveaways and Just Dance 2018 performances. Gamers can also pick up Ubicollectible items that include new “Six Collection Chibi” figurines.
I mentioned Rainbow Six Siege earlier because the second season finals of its pro league will take place at the show. At the Alpha Stage ESL Arena in Hall 9, the semi-finals will begin on Friday, Aug. 25. The next day is when the finals will take place. From 9:45 a.m. until 8 p.m. CET, broadcasts will run. They’ll include matches, live new content showcases, developer panels and more.
Those who play games at the Ubisoft booth will earn themselves in-game rewards for some of the firm’s titles. They’ll also have the chance to spend time in the Ubisoft Lounge, complete with demos and discussions about games. Other Ubisoft Club information can be found here. Alain Corre, who is the EMEA executive director, talked about Gamescom 2017.
“We are very excited to be able to put our diverse lineup in players’ hands in Europe, following the great reception it received at E3 in June. More than 300 pods, the most we’ve ever had at gamescom, will be set up for players to enjoy our new games and share their feedback with us. And by showcasing new content and competitive play in For Honor and Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, as well as the Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Pro League Season 2 finals for the latter, we’re happy to reassure fans that these titles are here to stay!” Corre said.
This coming fall is a big one for Ubisoft. On Aug. 29, they’ll release Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle for Nintendo Switch. Then on Oct. 17 and Oct. 27, Ubisoft will release South Park: The Fractured But Whole and Assassin’s Creed Origins, respectively. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Ubisoft.
- Ubisoft Releases Update 1.7 for Tom Clancy’s The Division - August 17, 2017
- Stunning Indie Game Light Fall Drops March 2018 on PS4, Xbox One & PC - August 17, 2017
- Activision Reveals Call of Duty: WWII Private Multiplayer Beta Dates - August 16, 2017
- WBIE Releases New Shadow of War Tribes Trailer - August 16, 2017
- Empyre: Lords of the Sea Gates Releases October on Steam - August 16, 2017
- Dev Announces Raid: World War II’s September PC Release Date - August 16, 2017
- We Happy Few Forgoing Console Exclusivity is a Win for Gamers - August 16, 2017
- God Told Far Cry 5’s Villain The End of The World is Coming - August 15, 2017
- Xbox Acknowledges Xbox One X Pre-Order Frustration, Talks YouTube Streaming - August 15, 2017
- Meet Volition’s New Masterpiece: Agents of Mayhem - August 15, 2017