At E3 2016, Microsoft and Compulsion Games wowed the industry with the reveal of We Happy Few. Striking notes similar to BioShock, the game took the industry by storm over a year ago. Since then, the title has been in Early Access and Compulsion is working to ultimately release the title.
Pricing for a game can differ between its Early Access tag and its final price. This seems to be the case for We Happy Few. The developer confirmed its current $29.99 price tag will no longer exist. When the “final release” happens on Aug. 16, the game will retail for $50.99.
Compulsion Games also put out a date for when the “final release” will take place. A week from tomorrow, Aug. 16, is when the release will happen and the price will rise. It is unclear if this will be the actual launch price of the game, but surely Compulsion will update that soon.
The Aug. 16 update is dubbed “The Life in Technicolour” update and delivers new “Joy effects as well as a brand new UI (still WIP), AI rework” and more. A video will pop-up on the 16th to highlight the new changes. Separately, Compulsion provided some sentiments regarding the original pricing for the game on Early Access.
“Since we launched our Kickstarter and released the game on Early Access, We Happy Few has been priced at US$29.99. We have never put it on sale because we believe it isn’t fair for someone to get the game at a lower price than a Kickstarter backer or an Early Access backer while the game is still in development.
“Since 2015, we have made clear that the price would increase as we approach the final release, and that time has – finally – come. On August 16, the price for the game will become US$50.99,” Compulsion wrote.
The studio promises to “explain everything” in greater detail a week from tomorrow. Gamers will find “more to the story,” and new, “juicy” details are coming soon. The studio continued by saying, “We always do our best to be transparent with you guys, so we felt it was important to provide this pricing information with ample time for you to make” a choice.
Fans looking for more details on what the Aug. 16 update will entail can check out Compulsion’s full post. We’ll keep you in the loop with when We Happy Few ultimately launches. In the meantime, stick around here at We Write Things for more on We Happy Few.
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017