Developers that have been working on a series for multiple installments certainly learn about what makes a great game and what doesn’t. For the folks at Naughty Dog, they are quite knowledgeable thanks to the previous four iterations in the Uncharted series.
Coming later this month is Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. The new expansion stars Chloe Frazer and Nadine Ross as they journey through the lands of India. Naughty Dog’s newest duo will carry the Uncharted legacy forward, but will with great respect for past Uncharted games.
Ensuring gameplay is authentic to the series’ marvelous past is important to Naughty Dog. In some ways, The Lost Legacy is setting up to be the quintessential Uncharted experience. Naughty Dog’s Uncharted: The Lost Legacy creative director Shaun Escayg talked about how the new expansion is setting up and why they chose Chloe and Nadine.
“It’s going to be the sum of Uncharteds in terms of gameplay experience, with some of our most beloved characters, some of our fan-favorite characters. While there were many ideas on the table, like Sully and Sam’s story, they were all closely related to [Uncharted] 4. We wanted something that was fresh, something that was new.
“With Chloe Frazer being a fan-favorite, we thought we’d explore her story. Then we thought about who would be a good pairing with Chloe. We said ‘well what if Chloe wanted to explore her past and go back to India to her roots and what if she needed someone like Nadine Ross as a partner?'” Escayg said in a new video.
Naughty Dog is a studio that does a fine job of crafting personality and intriguing dynamics between its characters. From the gameplay and cutscenes the studio has shown off so far, this rings true. For Chloe and Nadine, there surely won’t be a shortage in the relationship players experience.
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy may be the last release we see in the series for years. Fans of Uncharted should savor what is coming as there’s no telling when our next Uncharted experience will return. Sony’s Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will launch this coming Aug. 22 for PS4 Pro and PS4. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Uncharted.
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017