Gamers who remember the open-world, Caribbean game that was Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag will definitely remember its incredible naval gameplay. Ubisoft broke new ground in a big way with the feature. As Ubisoft tells it, Assassin’s Creed Origins may be featuring naval combat in bigger way.
From everything Ubisoft showed off at E3 2017, Assassin’s Creed Origins will feature naval gameplay. However, that naval gameplay seems to not cross over much into the naval combat realm. At least that’s what I thought after seeing hours of what Ubisoft showed at E3.
In an exclusive interview with We Write Things, Assassin’s Creed Origins producer Julien Laferriere talked about the game’s various avenues of traversal as well as potential bigger things from naval combat. His thoughts may make you think twice about how naval gameplay is being implemented in Origins.
“The whole world is seamless. You can use any mode of transportation from a horse, to a camel or a boat and travel seamlessly throughout the world. We’re lucky enough to still be working with our friends at Ubisoft Singapore. The water is so beautiful and what’s cool is everything is explorable underwater. Anytime, just leave your boat, dive and explore to find those ruins or lost treasure. There are some moments of naval combat as well, but that’s as much as we can say today,” Laferriere said.
In a lot of ways, Assassin’s Creed Origins is the sum of its greatest parts from the past. The series has done so much and gone so many places. It has introduced so many features and characters. This new game feels like the product of everything the series does well. It may turn out to be the quintessential Assassin’s Creed.
Whether you travel by horse, boat or fast, plenty of options await you in Assassin’s Creed Origins. Ubisoft’s next installment in the famous series will debut on Oct. 27. Gamers can pick it up on Xbox One X, Xbox One, PS4 Pro, PS4 and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Assassin’s Creed.
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017