Technology continues to advance each and every year, and gaming seems to be at the cutting-edge of that. From motion-capture to remarkably powerful game engines, the industry is full of innovative technology. For the developers at Ninja Theory, they are in possession of tech they used to create Hellblade, tech not even James Cameron can boast about.
Creators at Ninja Theory have been pushing the seemingly rare technology in their newest IP Hellblade. The new game holds a unique, fantastical lens over the real-world disorder, psychosis. The latter gave great inspiration to the development team when creating the main character Senua.
Some of the images and performances we see in Hellblade are the product of advanced technology and skill. Not all scenes in Hellblade utilize the technology Ninja Theory describes though. Hellblade Tameem Antoniades, who is the chief creative director at Ninja Theory, spoke about the seemingly rare tech they work with.
“The real time capture stuff came quite late in the game. There’s only a couple of scenes in the game that use this technology, but it’s something more useful for future games. It allows you to see a character in the world of Hellblade that allows you to frame the shots. You can see the burning tree, and you can see the mountains.
“If you’re playing the scene with Senua’s alter ego, you frame both Senuas. The real time stuff is pretty amazing for directing on set. It’s pretty groundbreaking – not even Avatar or Star Wars has this technology,”Antoniades told GodisaGeek.
Finally, a week from today marks the official launch of Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice. Gamers who pick up the game will be able to enjoy a 25-minute feature that highlights the studio’s “collaboration with neuroscientists” as well as those who live with the disorder. You can check out a brief teaser for the feature above.
After many years of development, Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice finally arrives on Aug. 8. The game will initially be available on PS4 and PC for the price of $29.99. Additionally, its length is apparently around eight hours long. It is fair to expect the game to launch on Xbox One eventually. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Hellblade.
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017