A little bit over a year ago, the final installment in Drake’s tale made its debut. Gamers received Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and it tied a bow on Drake’s famous tale. Naughty Dog has since moved on and is bringing a new type of Uncharted to gamers later this year.
Last year at PlayStation Experience 2016, Sony formally announced Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. The game is a standalone expansion starring two new lead protagonists, Chloe Frazer and Nadine Ross. Both will trek through the mountains of India in search of the Tusk of Ganesh.
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy is a fresh start for players. Getting the chance to play as a new protagonist will surely provide a unique perspective that no previous game has been able to capture. Josh Scherr, who is the writer on Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, spoke about what needed to be done with The Lost Legacy.
“Now that we were starting from zero with new characters, we needed to have the time to flesh out these honest-to-God character arcs. We weren’t just filling in the blanks of an existing story. It grew to expand into the story we wanted to tell. It started out small, but now it’s a full stand-alone game. Whoops,” Scherr told VB.
Some have reported The Lost Legacy will run over 10 hours long. This is a very generous length particularly when the game is still considered an expansion. Naughty Dog is really exploring these two characters. In fact, the expansion makes a full spinoff game something that isn’t out of the question.
“We could. One fun thing about the series, and about the genre in general, is that we’re drawing from the idea of this whole world out there of rogues and thieves and treasure hunters and all these things they do with and against each other. Potentially we could spin this off. But right now we’re just focusing on getting this out the door, and then we’re focusing on Last of Us Part II. There are no plans for anything beyond this,” Scherr said.
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy is set to release on Aug. 22 for PS4 and PS4 Pro. The latter will feature an enhanced version of the game when it arrives next month. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Uncharted.
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Director Calls Xbox One X Version ‘Most Beautiful Version’ - September 8, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole Embraces Farts Like Never Before - September 8, 2017
- Hands-On: Assassin’s Creed Origins Feels Incredibly Unfamiliar & That’s Amazing - September 6, 2017
- Knack 2 Shows What Sony Learned From The Order: 1886 - September 5, 2017
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 – A New Love Awakens - September 1, 2017
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a Breakout Switch Exclusive - August 28, 2017