This year is looking fairly thin for the folks over at Take-Two Interactive. Aside from their yearly NBA and WWE franchises, there aren’t any games coming from the massive publisher. Between 2K and Rockstar Games, it is a fairly unusual year for Take-Two.
While this year seems irrelevant for Take-Two, 2018 is the year where they could really make some noise. The obvious game to mention first is Red Dead Redemption 2. That game is due to arrive during spring 2018, though I believe it’ll get delayed again. Regardless, it will likely release sometime during 2018.
Not only is Red Dead coming in 2018, but a “huge title” from 2k is on its way. Franchises you might think about are Bioshock, Mafia and of course, Borderlands. But which series will stand tall for 2K next year? Read on as Take-Two Interactive’s CEO Strauss Zelnick teased something big from 2K.
“Obviously fiscal 2019 will look much better with the launch of Red Dead 2 and a huge new title from 2K, as well as the 2K Sports titles, catalogue, recurrent consumer spending, NBA2K Online in China, Social Point and the like,” Zelnick told GI.
Wondering exactly when the fiscal 2019 year runs for Take-Two Interactive? That time period extends from April 1, 2018 through March 31, 2019. As it relates to the 2K game, I fully expect that title to be Borderlands 3. This is a game that is publicly known to be in development. Gearbox Software has openly stated several times that it’s working on the game.
The last main line installment in the series came in the form of 2012’s Borderlands 2. The game turned out to be one of the best for its year and still remains an outstanding game to this day. We’ll find out soon enough what 2K’s big game is. In the meantime, stick around here at We Write Things for more on Take-Two.
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Director Calls Xbox One X Version ‘Most Beautiful Version’ - September 8, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole Embraces Farts Like Never Before - September 8, 2017
- Hands-On: Assassin’s Creed Origins Feels Incredibly Unfamiliar & That’s Amazing - September 6, 2017
- Knack 2 Shows What Sony Learned From The Order: 1886 - September 5, 2017
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 – A New Love Awakens - September 1, 2017