Activision is bringing gamers back to the World War II era. This year’s Call of Duty is also bringing back boots on the ground gameplay. What is arguably one of the most popular modes in the series, Zombies is also making its return in Call of Duty: WWII.
To kick-off San Diego Comic Con, Activision dropped the reveal trailer for WWII‘s Nazi Zombies. You can check out the video below. The clip certainly possesses a darker tone than previous zombies experiences have had. Sledgehammer may be trying to warp Zombies into a horror-type mode.
Gamers will step into the “chilling and mysterious” world of Mittelburg, Germany. The snowy village will have players attempt to take back “priceless works” of art. These have been confiscated by the Axis, and monsters await those who dare. Glen Schofield, who is the studio head of Sledgehammer Games, spoke about this year’s Zombies experience.
“With Nazi Zombies, we’re creating a frightening world full of terrifying characters and events that will make you jump and look over your shoulder. There’s an incredible amount of myth and lore, which our team has poured through in our development. This is unlike anything before, we’re taking players to some very dark, grim places in Nazi Zombies. This is one hell of a horror experience,” Schofield said.
The story pits an international group that tries to uncover the motives of the Axis powers. The invincible undead army that awaits gamers will do more than challenge them to survive. This version of Zombies sounds more and more like a horror game than usual. Sledgehammer’s Michael Condrey also provided some thoughts on this year’s Zombies.
“We couldn’t be more excited to showcase our reveal of Nazi Zombies here at San Diego Comic Con. It’s been great to return to creating a horror-based experience, and with Call of Duty, head back to the Nazi Zombies roots. The team at the studio is proud of the opportunity to deliver something special for the fans,” Condrey said.
Gamers will play a variety of characters in WWII’s Nazi Zombies experience. David Tennant, Elodie Yung, Katheryn Winnick, Udo Kier and Ving Rhames will be the voice actors that bring each character to life. Activision’s Call of Duty: WWII will launch on Nov. 3 for PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Call of Duty.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017