BioWare Edmonton has been working in the shadows on a new project ever since Mass Effect 3. Nothing has been known about the latest project from the studio. Nothing until E3 2017, that is. At this year’s show, EA and BioWare triumphantly revealed the upcoming game Anthem during Microsoft’s E3 briefing.
The reveal has been very well received by gamers and the industry alike. Anthem‘s demo is arguably one of the best during all of E3 2017, as it gives a great peek at what this game will try to deliver. It is a science-fantasy RPG, similar to what gamers saw with the famous Mass Effect series.
Co-op is a major element in Anthem, as it will be looking to bring you and your friends together for some epic adventures. The co-op elements are a direct response to what BioWare believes gamers want and where the industry is currently. BioWare Edmonton GM Aaryn Flynn spoke about Anthem and the pros of having co-op in it.
“So there are shooting mechanics in it. It’s an action game. It’s a role-playing game. It has a lot of those elements that let you become a character and participate in it. It’s co-operative, and is our first game in a long time that you’re going to play with your friends natively all through the whole experience. That makes [gaming] a lot more fun nowadays. We know there are a lot more players out there who really, really want to play with their friends. We’re hopeful to give them that,” Flynn told CBC.
Not a whole lot is known about Anthem at this time. BioWare and EA will surely reveal more information sometime next year, if not sooner. Currently, Anthem is going to launch during the fall of next year. However, with a game of this size and ambition I will be very surprised if it doesn’t see at least one delay. That seems to be a weird qualification of all major upcoming games these days.
This fall will see EA release Star Wars Battlefront II as well as Need for Speed Payback. The former will launch on Nov. 17, while the latter arrives on Nov. 10. Next month, EA Sports kicks off the fall’s slate of releases with Madden 18 on Aug. 25. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Anthem.
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Director Calls Xbox One X Version ‘Most Beautiful Version’ - September 8, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole Embraces Farts Like Never Before - September 8, 2017
- Hands-On: Assassin’s Creed Origins Feels Incredibly Unfamiliar & That’s Amazing - September 6, 2017
- Knack 2 Shows What Sony Learned From The Order: 1886 - September 5, 2017
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 – A New Love Awakens - September 1, 2017
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a Breakout Switch Exclusive - August 28, 2017