Bluehole Studio is in the process of completing one of the hottest PC games to debut all year. Their MMO battle royale PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is taking the gaming industry by storm. It has so much so that Microsoft prominently featured the game at E3 2017.
With the game still in Early Access and Xbox Game Preview, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is still a work-in-progress though. For gamers on Xbox One, being able to experience the game will be a thrill. Its expansive, wide-open battles are incredibly entertaining and they’ll keep you coming back for more.
Fans can sometimes become a bit impatient with the development of a game. This is particularly true of Early Access titles, but they don’t all deserve such restlessness. Bluehole Studio’s Brendan Greene talked about how close they are to finishing PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.
“It’s something a lot of people don’t understand and they get a lot of hate because of that. I just try to correct them whenever I can. It’s like, listen, guys, they will get finished. Companies are not going to abandon games like that, you know? People say, ‘oh, DayZ will never be finished,’ and of course it will.
“People tell us we’re not going to be out of early access in six months; challenge accepted. I can guarantee you, six or seven months and we’re out of early access. It’s the team. It’s a matter of honour, you know? We will finish this game in six months,” Greene told RPS.
If you are one of the many who are waiting for this game to be completed, the wait might soon be over. For Bluehole to be able to say this, the game must be coming along quite well. I will add the caveat that perhaps Greene is saying that to make a point more than he is providing a literal update on the game’s progress.
Either way, Bluehole has an exciting experience on their hands and it seems to only be growing. It’ll be interesting to see how the game translates over to console. Gamers can look forward to cross-platform play between Xbox One and PC further down the line. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017