Earlier this year, Nintendo released the newest installment in The Legend of Zelda series. Breath of the Wild was a universal hit and it continues to help sell Nintendo Switch after Nintendo Switch. While the game is still receiving new content, many are wondering when the next installment will arrive.
One of the elements that perhaps made Breath of the Wild so special was the amount of time it took to make this game. Don’t get me wrong, no one is a fan of waiting for a game they love. However, the amount of development that went into this one helped ensure it was a great experience.
Nintendo isn’t a company to toss its IP into the yearly release cycle. Even with this being the case, gamers still want to know if there are any plans for a new Zelda game. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild producer Eiji Aonuma gave a definitive answer about whether or not a new iteration is in development.
“We have no plans for a future Zelda, we are still far from all this unfortunately for you. Today, I’m at a stage where I’m trying to gather a number of ideas for a sequel, but I cannot do it alone. It’s a lot of work that will have to be done over a long period of time, and we’re still far from having planned anything. Leave us a little time,” Aonuma told Gamereactor.
I expect it to be a small handful of years, if not more until the next The Legend of Zelda releases. Nintendo is not the type of company to release Zelda after Zelda. If anything, I expect several new Mario Kart iterations to release before one new Zelda game appears.
To drive home the point further, it wouldn’t be surprisingly to see the next installment launch on a new Nintendo console. That’s how rare these new games are, but the scarcity surely makes them all the more special. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is available now on Nintendo Switch. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Nintendo.
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Director Calls Xbox One X Version ‘Most Beautiful Version’ - September 8, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole Embraces Farts Like Never Before - September 8, 2017
- Hands-On: Assassin’s Creed Origins Feels Incredibly Unfamiliar & That’s Amazing - September 6, 2017
- Knack 2 Shows What Sony Learned From The Order: 1886 - September 5, 2017
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 – A New Love Awakens - September 1, 2017
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is a Breakout Switch Exclusive - August 28, 2017