Capcom is working on the next major installment in the Monster Hunter franchise. This new game will mark a change for the series, as previous iterations have appeared on Nintendo 3DS. Thus, Capcom’s upcoming installment will make its debut on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
In this new gameplay video, gamers get the chance to see how quests in Monster Hunter: World unravel. The player journeys through the green paradise of the Ancient Forest. Here is where a battle to slay the massive beast Anjanath takes place. Check out the exciting gameplay video below to see for yourself.
In Monster Hunter: World, gamers take on the task of a hunter who works to complete mission after mission. These quests include working to take down monsters who are living throughout the massive world. Capcom calls the game’s world a “living and breathing eco-system full of predators” and prey.
Monsters or creatures you’ll encounter in the game will vary in type, size and difficulty. The New World is where Monster Hunter: World takes place and it has all kinds of surprises waiting for players. The Great Jagras is an example of a new monster that can actually swallow its prey whole. Rathalos is also coming back to the series.
“Players are able to utilize survival tools such as the slinger and Scoutfly to aid them in their hunt. By using these skills to their advantage hunters can lure monsters into traps and even pit them against each other in an epic fierce battle. Can our hunter successfully survive the fight and slay the Anjanath? He’ll need to select his weapon choice carefully from 14 different weapon classes and think strategically about how to take the giant foe down,” Capcom wrote.
Monster Hunter: World was originally revealed during Sony’s E3 2017 press conference. The game is indeed launching on PS4, Xbox One and PC, with consoles receiving the game first. It is set to debut sometime during early 2018. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Monster Hunter.
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017
- How South Park’s Coon and Friends Episodes Impacted South Park 2 - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Dev on Bayek and Aya Birthing the Brotherhood - September 9, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Director Calls Xbox One X Version ‘Most Beautiful Version’ - September 8, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole Embraces Farts Like Never Before - September 8, 2017
- Hands-On: Assassin’s Creed Origins Feels Incredibly Unfamiliar & That’s Amazing - September 6, 2017
- Knack 2 Shows What Sony Learned From The Order: 1886 - September 5, 2017
- Life is Strange: Before the Storm Episode 1 – A New Love Awakens - September 1, 2017