Activision and Bungie are working on their next installment of Destiny. The second game received a serious reveal a few weeks back where gamers learned plenty about the new shooter. The game was slated for a mid-September release, but now it’ll be arriving sooner than that.
Many times, games can be delayed from the release date they were initially given. However, Destiny 2 is having the opposite happen, and that’s great news for gamers. Activision is confirming Destiny 2 will launch on Sept. 6 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
The PC version of Destiny 2 will be launching a bit later than consoles. Activision is confirming the game will land on PC this coming Oct. 24. This is the first time Bungie is developing Destiny for PC, so it makes sense that the PC version might need a bit more tuning.
After all, Bungie is committed to delivering a quality experience for all PC players. They have been clear about not wanting to simply port Destiny 2 to PCs. Activision’s CEO Eric Hirshberg spoke about the announcement of Destiny 2 coming early to consoles and the slight delay for PC.
“Everyone always says that they can’t wait for fans to get their hands on their game. But we really mean it. Destiny 2 looks so awesome, I’m thrilled to announce that we are moving the release date up to September 6. We are also hard at work with our friends at Bungie optimizing Destiny 2 for the PC, which we will be releasing in all its glory on October 24.
“And tonight, we are taking a deeper look at Ghaul, our villain in Destiny 2, who the world is going to love to hate. It’s going to be a big week for Destiny fans,” Hirshberg said.
PS4 gamers will be receiving some nice perks for picking up the game. An exclusive strike, multiplayer map, gear and more will all be coming with the PS4 version. Activision is clearly committed to their exclusivity deal with Sony, and PS4 gamers are benefitting greatly from it.
Destiny 2 will receive a multiplayer beta this coming July. Activision will be hosting it first on PS4, and then Xbox One and PC will receive it. Those who pre-order Destiny 2 will gain immediate access to the beta. Activision’s Destiny 2 will launch this coming Sept. 6 on PS4 and Xbox One. The PC version will debut this Oct. 24. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Destiny 2.
- Ubisoft Releases Update 1.7 for Tom Clancy’s The Division - August 17, 2017
- Stunning Indie Game Light Fall Drops March 2018 on PS4, Xbox One & PC - August 17, 2017
- Activision Reveals Call of Duty: WWII Private Multiplayer Beta Dates - August 16, 2017
- WBIE Releases New Shadow of War Tribes Trailer - August 16, 2017
- Empyre: Lords of the Sea Gates Releases October on Steam - August 16, 2017
- Dev Announces Raid: World War II’s September PC Release Date - August 16, 2017
- We Happy Few Forgoing Console Exclusivity is a Win for Gamers - August 16, 2017
- God Told Far Cry 5’s Villain The End of The World is Coming - August 15, 2017
- Xbox Acknowledges Xbox One X Pre-Order Frustration, Talks YouTube Streaming - August 15, 2017
- Meet Volition’s New Masterpiece: Agents of Mayhem - August 15, 2017