Ninja Theory is a developer many gamers should be fans of. Why, you ask? This studio has taken one of the most open approaches when speaking about a new game that’s in development. Ever since they announced the title in 2014, Ninja Theory has been openly speaking about development of Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice.
This is not something we typically see with a AAA game. In fact, Sea of Thieves is one of the only other games that I can remember taking such an open approach with how it communicates development of a game to its community. Hellblade has been in development for years now, and finally, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Ninja Theory is announcing Hellblade will release this coming Aug. 8 for PS4 and PC. It is unknown if the game will also come to Xbox One, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this is a timed-exclusive deal for PS4.
The studio is also confirming an awfully affordable price for Hellblade. The game will run gamers $29.99 and those who pre-order will receive a “bonus PS4 Dynamic” theme. This shows off the tree burning scene from the game. Ninja Theory celebrated the announcement with a new trailer.
Senua is a “a traumatized Celtic warrior journeying into the Viking underworld” of Hel. Ninja Theory collaborated with neuroscientists and those who live with psychosis. The game is “half the length of a regular AAA game,” hence the $29.99 price. Ninja Theory’s Dominic Matthews spoke about the support of PlayStation gamers.
“You’ve followed our journey, shared our updates and encouraged us to follow our vision to its fullest. We’ve shared our development ups and downs with you, given you an insight into the world of creating a game like Hellblade and listened to what you’ve had to say. Now, as we approach launch, we ask you to rally round, preorder Hellblade and help make this project a success for us, you and all of gaming,” Matthews wrote.
Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice will launch this coming Aug. 8 for PS4 and PC. Perhaps we’ll see some new gameplay from the title during Sony’s press briefing, which takes place tomorrow. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Hellblade.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017