Housemarque has created some of the most interesting, fun and addicting PS4 games to date. Experiences like Resogun and Alienation are prime examples of the studio’s ability to present simple, yet compelling games. With the development of their latest game, Nex Machina, nearly complete, Housemarque has announced a release date.
Today, Housemarque has announced a June 20 release date for Nex Machina. The game will simultaneously launch on PS4 and PC. The studio reckons “this is the day that Housemarque’s arcade games will go down in infamy for creating one of the simplest, but the purest action arcade games of our generation.”
They believe Nex Machina will make gamers recall arcade classics from the 80’s. Of course, this new experience will add the new technology and sophistication found in the power of PS4 and PC. This twin-stick shooter is looking to snatch your attention for hours and hours.
Fans will be delighted to hear Nex Machina will be embracing local-cop. As you can see in the new trailer above, local co-op is coming to the game this June. “This is something that we’ve been holding on for a long time but many of our friends already guessed that it will be a main stay, since it is a Housemarque title.”
Up to two players can play locally in Nex Machina, much like they could back in the arcade glory days. In the trailer above, Housemarque also shows off the “winter tide level,” in addition to its local co-op action. Nex Machina will be a fun game to experience. It’ll arrive on PS4 and PC this June 20. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Nex Machina.
- Review: Tequila Ocho 2016 Puerta del Aire Plata – A Vintage Marvel - May 22, 2017
- Bungie Talks Destiny 2 On PC: It’s Not A Console Port - May 21, 2017
- Assassin’s Creed: Origins Will Be A Fresh Start For The Franchise - May 20, 2017
- Housemarque Announces Nex Machina Release Date - May 19, 2017
- Activision & Bungie Reveal Destiny 2 Gameplay, Campaign, Multiplayer & More - May 19, 2017
- Three Lazy Magnolia Beers That Will Drive You To The Liquor Store - May 19, 2017
- New Life Is Strange Game Confirmed By DONTNOD Entertainment - May 18, 2017
- Review: The Surge – For The Core, For The Dedicated - May 18, 2017
- There It Is, South Park: The Fractured But Whole Launches This October - May 17, 2017
- New We Happy Few Exclusive: Drugs, Masks & A Procedurally Generated City - May 17, 2017