As I was talking about the game’s potential release earlier, Ubisoft has suddenly just confirmed a launch date. Today, Ubisoft announced South Park: The Fractured But Whole will release on Oct. 17. The game will launch on PS4, Xbox One and PC, and will certainly be packing quite a humor punch.
Ubisoft is calling The Fractured But Whole “an outrageous sequel” to South Park: The Stick of Truth and I surely believe them. The upcoming RPG takes gamers to a time when crime is on the rise in South Park. Eric Cartman and the rest of Coon & Friends will help battle the evil that is coming. That’s right! The Coon is coming to The Fractured But Whole.
Gamers will continue their role from the first game as the New Kid. In The Fractured But Whole, gamers will learn about the origins of Coon & Friends. New costumes are coming for players to choose and the same can be said for their incredible, new powers.
Combat is getting a bit of a face lift from the first game, as Ubisoft tells it. “An all-new combat system offers unique opportunities to master space and time while on the battlefield, and a revamped looting and crafting system gives players the freedom to craft their own equipment to aid them in battle.”
There will be four different versions of South Park: The Fractured But Whole. You can pick up the Standard, Gold, Steelbook Gold or Collector’s editions at your own will. Regardless of which version you purchase, Ubisoft is giving players a free copy of The Stick of Truth for free. Those who pre-order the game will gain immediate access to Stick of Truth.
If you decide to pre-order the game, you will also receive “an exclusive in-game assistant, Towelie: Your Gaming Bud.” Towelie will deliver humorous commentary as well as advice to players at crucial locations throughout the game. Oh and if you haven’t watched the new trailer above, do so, it’s hilarious.
Get excited because South Park: The Fractured But Whole will slide into retailers on Oct. 17. The game will launch on PS4, Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on South Park.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Is The Best Looking Game On Xbox One X - June 22, 2017
- Far Cry 5’s American Debut Comes At Exactly The Right Time - June 22, 2017
- Review: Sam Adams Summer Seasonal Beers – Part II - June 22, 2017
- Review: George Remus Straight Bourbon Whiskey – A Whiskey Lover’s Delight - June 21, 2017
- Xbox One Executive Calls $499 Xbox One X Price ‘An Incredible Value’ - June 20, 2017
- PS4 Boss Teases Exclusives Launching During First Half 2018 - June 19, 2017
- Destiny 2 Plays, Looks & Runs Amazing On PC - June 19, 2017
- Perception Grants A New Lens For Experiencing Terror & Adventure - June 16, 2017
- Call of Duty: WWII Delivers What Gamers Wanted In A Massive Way - June 16, 2017
- PS4 Exclusive Days Gone Gives Players Alternate Paths To Success - June 15, 2017