Dynasty Warriors is a franchise deep with history and lore. It originally launched back in early 1997 and since then has grown into one of Koei Tecmo’s most hallowed brands. Today, developer Omega Force continues to work to bring new innovations for the franchise, some of which we’ll be seeing soon.
Koei Tecmo has announced Dynasty Warriors 9, a new open-world installment in the classic franchise. The style of “one versus thousands” will return in this next iteration, and will include new characters, features and more. The game has not received a release date or timeframe quite yet.
The game will be set in China during a time when “feudal warlords” battled for dominance. The Han dynasty and rise of the Three Kingdoms will be two eras showcased in the game. A new world map will guide players as they travel from dry plains to snowy mountains.
A new dynamic day/night cycle will be in the game as will a new weather cycle system. Critical Missions and Regular Missions will be where the game’s original narrative comes across. These quests will tell stories through a variety of perspectives from all over China. Koei Tecmo confirms there will be a total 0f 83 characters for players to choose from. Newcomers will include heroes like Cheng Pu.
The publisher says information surrounding Dynasty Warriors 9‘s platforms, release timing and more will arrive in the months ahead. With E3 beginning next month, that certainly feels like a prime candidate for new information. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Dynasty Warriors 9.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins Is The Best Looking Game On Xbox One X - June 22, 2017
- Far Cry 5’s American Debut Comes At Exactly The Right Time - June 22, 2017
- Review: Sam Adams Summer Seasonal Beers – Part II - June 22, 2017
- Review: George Remus Straight Bourbon Whiskey – A Whiskey Lover’s Delight - June 21, 2017
- Xbox One Executive Calls $499 Xbox One X Price ‘An Incredible Value’ - June 20, 2017
- PS4 Boss Teases Exclusives Launching During First Half 2018 - June 19, 2017
- Destiny 2 Plays, Looks & Runs Amazing On PC - June 19, 2017
- Perception Grants A New Lens For Experiencing Terror & Adventure - June 16, 2017
- Call of Duty: WWII Delivers What Gamers Wanted In A Massive Way - June 16, 2017
- PS4 Exclusive Days Gone Gives Players Alternate Paths To Success - June 15, 2017