Microsoft’s Game Preview program gives gamers and developers the opportunity to test projects prior to their full release. Both sides are able to contribute feedback to help improve a game. Much like Steam’s Early Access program, Xbox Game Preview helps a project become a far better experience than it ever could have been without early access.
Last year at E3 2016, a reveal that took people by surprise was the debut of We Happy Few. The new survival horror game had people buzzing around the Los Angeles Convention Center and the intrigue has not subsided. Its beautiful art direction and creepy universe project a world worth becoming immersed in.
Microsoft and Compulsion Games have partnered to bring We Happy Few to Xbox One. The game is also coming to PC, but the studio’s partnership with Xbox happened because of Microsoft’s enthusiasm for the game. Compulsion Games community developer Naila Hadjas spoke about why the studio decided to team up with Microsoft.
“Microsoft really liked the project and were very supportive of our vision. They had also just launched their Game Preview program and wanted us on board. Since we wanted to release in Early Access it was perfect for us. With their support, and the support of our Game Preview players, we have already made a better game than we might have otherwise,” Hadjas told We Write Things.
We Happy Few will be a game that fully launches in the coming months. The first-person game seems to be striking some incredibly excellent notes when it comes to atmosphere. The city of Wellington Wells is quite charming and possesses plenty of intriguing qualities.
Compulsion Games is working hard on We Happy Few, and continues to make changes to the experience. The game is currently on Steam Early Access and Xbox Game Preview. When the game launches, it’ll be available on Xbox One and PC. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on We Happy Few.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017