Forza Horizon 3 was easily one of the best racing experiences we saw during all of last year. The open-world racer provided us with so many memorable moments, and those keep on coming. Microsoft has announced the second major expansion for Forza Horizon 3, and this one brings the Hot Wheels.
The new expansion will arrive on May 9 for Xbox One and Windows 10. Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels expansion will introduce gamers to a brand-new location. This area contains insane tracks and stunts for players to perform. The trademark orange tracks you have seen from Hot Wheels in real life are coming to Forza Horizon 3.
Famed Hot Wheels cars will be coming to the game, and some of those include the Twin Mill, Rip Rod, Bone Shaker and many others. Microsoft will be hosting a world premiere for the new expansion on May 8.
It will take place live from “Hot Wheels’ headquarters” in LA. The livestream will start at 1 p.m. PT and will preview the expansion’s gameplay. This event will also give gamers a behind-the-scenes look at the Hot Wheels expansion. You can tune-in to view the event here.
This new expansion will deliver six new islands that are located off the coast of the main game’s Australia landmass. Everything is connected by a host of Hot Wheels tracks, some of which stretch hundreds of feet into the air. There are new Hot Wheels skills for gamers to pull off. The experience will be even more interesting with the inclusion of things like “boost pads, high-bank turns, half-pipes, insane jumps” and much more. Stunt Swap is a new feature that can modify stunt track sections to your liking.
Hot Wheels’ campaign will culminate with a gigantic Hot Wheels Goliath circuit track. The new Playground Arena will also grant players plenty of freedom to dart around as they please. Overall, there are 28 new Xbox Live achievements for a total of 500 additional Gamerscore. Hot Wheels expansion for Forza Horizon 3 will launch on May 9 for Xbox One and Windows 10. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Forza.
- Ubisoft Releases Update 1.7 for Tom Clancy’s The Division - August 17, 2017
- Stunning Indie Game Light Fall Drops March 2018 on PS4, Xbox One & PC - August 17, 2017
- Activision Reveals Call of Duty: WWII Private Multiplayer Beta Dates - August 16, 2017
- WBIE Releases New Shadow of War Tribes Trailer - August 16, 2017
- Empyre: Lords of the Sea Gates Releases October on Steam - August 16, 2017
- Dev Announces Raid: World War II’s September PC Release Date - August 16, 2017
- We Happy Few Forgoing Console Exclusivity is a Win for Gamers - August 16, 2017
- God Told Far Cry 5’s Villain The End of The World is Coming - August 15, 2017
- Xbox Acknowledges Xbox One X Pre-Order Frustration, Talks YouTube Streaming - August 15, 2017
- Meet Volition’s New Masterpiece: Agents of Mayhem - August 15, 2017