UPDATE: Three Fields has confirmed Danger Zone will launch on May 30 for PS4 and PC. The game was previously confirmed for a simple May date, but now the end of the month is when it will arrive.
ORIGINAL: Three Fields Entertainment is a small development studio that is led by Fiona Sperry and Alex Ward. The British developer has announced a new game called Danger Zone. It will be a 3D vehicular destruction game and will make its debut sometime this May on PS4 and PC.
Gamers will smash and crash into each other, as cash rewards are won for the biggest car crashes possible. The more insane your car crash, the greater sums of money you will earn. Fiona Sperry, who is the founder and CEO of Three Fields Entertainment, spoke about the upcoming title, Danger Zone.
“We are going back to our roots by creating a game in a genre we are truly passionate about. Danger Zone takes what made the Crash Mode featured in 2004’s Burnout 3: Takedown so popular and transforms it into an all-new car-crashing, arcade-style puzzle game. We look forward to engaging those same fans by delivering an entirely new and extremely fun experience,” Sperry said.
Danger Zone will be using Unreal Engine 4 to power its world. The game is set in a virtual crash testing facility and will be the canvas players use for maximum destruction. Realistic physics will help govern its gameplay. There will be 20 different single-player crash testing scenarios for you to conquer. Each will have its own road layout, traffic and pickups.
Creating a big enough “First Impact” can generate a “SmashBreaker,” which turns a car into a bomb that explodes on command. Scores are tallied up for how many cars are crashed, plus bonus points are given for the SmashBreaker’s explosion blowing up additional cars. Pushing cars off of the road will also net you points.
“If the player’s car falls off the road, it’s game over. Connected leaderboards allows comparison of player scores for the friends you play against and the rest of the community,” Three Fields Entertainment wrote. May 2017 is when Danger Zone will launch on PS4 and PC. The game will be available for $12.99 at launch. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Danger Zone.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017