A few days ago, Activision revealed its upcoming Call of Duty release for 2017, Call of Duty: WWII. The new shooter will bring the long-awaited return to boots on the ground gameplay. Nov. 3 is when gamers can get their hands on this year’s Call of Duty, but Activision’s CEO recently spoke about the franchise in general.
There are many shooters out there in video games today. It is arguably one of the most popular genres, and one of the most common styles of game. Guns provide developers with a great starting point for action and adventure, and Call of Duty has provided that for many years now.
So many franchises contain massive fanbases and Call of Duty certainly is one of them. Activision’s CEO Eric Hirshberg recently spoke about his opinion regarding the series as a “moment-to-moment shooter.”
“I think that Call of Duty, the franchise, is about a core set of tenets that make the game the best moment-to-moment shooter out there, combined with the relentless commitment to finding ways to keep things fresh and trying new things,” Hirshberg told Polygon.
The series has produced so many memorable gameplay experiences, particularly during this generation. 2013’s Call of Duty: Ghosts brought boots on the ground gameplay and WWII will return gamers to it this fall. Hirshberg went on to further embellish upon his statement of the brand being the best “moment-to-moment shooter.”
“Call of Duty is first and foremost about what’s going to make for a fun game. For that pursuit, I think our annual release and the diversity we’ve brought to the franchise with that model, is a huge asset. Obviously there are things about the game, the core mechanics, that make it the best moment-to-moment shooter experience out there, that lends itself very well to esports as well. Which is why it’s been the most viewed esport, at least on console, for many years now,” Hirshberg said.
This fall’s installment will return players to boots on the ground gameplay. The campaign will apparently be ditching health regeneration, something that has been a staple in the series for years now. A private beta will be held first on PS4 for Call of Duty: WWII this fall. For those who wish to gain access to it, you’ll have to pre-order the game.
WWII‘s multiplayer will receive a full reveal at E3 2017. The game will release on PS4, Xbox One and PC this coming Nov. 3. Stick around here at We Write Things for more on Call of Duty.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017