Back in 2014, Sledgehammer Games launched their first Call of Duty for the current generation of systems. The game was Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, and it introduced a number of innovative features never-before-seen in the series. Things like the boost jump and boost dash embellished multiplayer in a fabulous way.
Making a huge impact, Call of Duty brought in a big time Hollywood actor to bolster the single-player experience. Kevin Spacey was Advanced Warfare‘s big get and added marvelous flavor to the narrative. The campaign turned out to be one of the most interesting iterations I’ve seen in years.
While Activision has been known to iterate on previous sub-brands within the Call of Duty universe, that will not continue with 2017’s upcoming game. Activision is confirming Call of Duty: WWII, though no details like release date or platforms have been mentioned.
Gamers can tune-in on April 26 for the worldwide reveal of Call of Duty: WWII. You can view it through this link as it will take place at 10 a.m. PT this Wednesday. Sledgehammer Games heads and founders Michael Condrey and Glen Schofield will be there to greet gamers with their vision for Call of Duty: WWII.
It is fair to expect the upcoming shooter to release sometime this November, as that is typically when Activision launches its yearly Call of Duty installment. Since last year’s Call of Duty, Infinite Warfare, landed on PS4, Xbox One and PC only, I fully expect WWII to do the same.
One difference could be an emphasis on either PS4 Pro or Project Scorpio for Activision. Given their currently positive relationship with Sony, via its timed-exclusive DLC deal for Infinite Warfare, I wouldn’t be shocked to see Call of Duty: WWII use PS4 Pro as the lead platform for its gameplay reveals.
- Assassin’s Creed Origins – My Last Game Review - November 16, 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole is an Experience Gaming Needs More Of - October 23, 2017
- Sledgehammer Games Calls PS4 Pro & Xbox One X ‘Truly Incredible’ - October 9, 2017
- Armored Division is The Support Class in Call of Duty: WWII - October 9, 2017
- Rockstar Games Reveals New Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer - September 28, 2017
- Discover History With Assassin’s Creed Origins New Mode - September 28, 2017
- Ghost Recon Wildlands’ PvP Mode ‘Ghost War’ Release Date Revealed - September 27, 2017
- Ubisoft Confirms South Park: The Fractured But Whole is Now Golden - September 25, 2017
- I.W. Harper Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is Phenomenal - September 16, 2017
- Taking A Deep Dive Into The Fractured But Whole, South Park Style - September 15, 2017